Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think?

/ Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think? #1  

KevinPeter

I went to the Southeast Farm Show in Raleigh and saw that Bobcat has introduced a compact tractor line. According to the rep at the show, they have 2 tractors (a 25 hp and 30 hp) right now but are introducing bigger ones throughout the year.

If I remember correctly, they will have them up to about a 50 hp. They had the 30 hp at the show. The guy said that the 35 hp will be built on the same frame as the 30 but with a bigger motor. Then the bigger ones will have bigger frames.

My plan was to get a tractor in March or April - leaning toward a New Holland ~40 hp. Maybe I should wait til the bigger Bobcat comes out and take a look at it. What do you all think about the Bobcat? Anyone know anything about them?
Kevin

/ Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think? #2  
The bobcats are rebadged Kioti's. You can see the bigger ones right now at your local Kioti dealer.

Or check out the specs here:

KIOTI - run ahead of the pack!

I did not look beyond the 30HP but the Kioti CK30 4WD HST is identical to the Bobcat CT230.

/ Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think? #3  
They are Kioti, Daedong, tractors that are painted a different color and have different badges. EXCEPT the loaders, they are NOT the Kioti loaders, I have no idea what the ratings are on the BC loaders.

/ Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think? #4  
Oh yeah forgot about that. I was so focused on the Woods LC102 I forgot to mention this difference. The Bobcat loaders are made by Rhino and I think the backhoes are as well. If you look on the Bobcat spec sheet the loader number sort of resembles a Rhino model number. You can check out the Rhino page and decide for yourself. Either way I wanted to maximize lift (and I needed QA) so I went with the Woods LC102.

One other important item. Kioti warrenty is 4 years, I think Bobcat's is 2 years. Mysterious to say the least.

BTW the Bobcat guy could not even touch the Kioti price. It may be too early but then again maybe not... and as others have alluded to in other threads. You could probably rig up a decent paint booth for the price savings.

Tim M.
Kioti CK30 HST, Woods LC102 FEL, Woods BH80x Backhoe

/ Bobcat has new tractors - what do you think? #5  
Kioti makes good tractors. But I see no reason to pay extra for white paint and a shorter warranty. And I think orange paint is fine (though I don't currently own any).