Which brand would you sell?

/ Which brand would you sell? #1  

ihcubs

We are looking for a tractor brand to sell and was wondering what brand you would take on in your dealership. The brands that are available in our area is: Kioti, Massey Ferguson, Branson, and Mihandra. Please give us your opinions. Dealers are welcome to let us know what experiences that they have had with parts and service from these companies. Thanks in advance.

/ Which brand would you sell? #2  
The "easiest" one to sell in this area would be the MF because of name recognition. For the rest that you mentioned you first have to sell the name and then the product. The Kioti brand is becoming more popular in this area because of agressive promotion by the local Kioti dealer and because JD and others are pricing themselves beyond the reach of many buyers.

/ Which brand would you sell? #3  
As stated MF would have the greatest brand recognition. A dealer near me has MF and Montana's as a second line. Around here Kioti and Mahindra despite quite a bit of promotion by dealers is not really taking off(at least among the farm/ranch community). Resale on any brand other than MF,JD,Case,or NH stinks around here.

/ Which brand would you sell? #4  
ihcubs said:
The brands that are available in our area are: Kioti, Massey Ferguson, Branson, and Mihandra. .

And that area would be?????????

Ken

/ Which brand would you sell? #5  
If you are already selling tractors, which brand has a a product that best compliments your current offerings? It would stink to bring in a brand that offers a lower price (and lower profit) tractor to your best sellers -eh?

If you are selling top of the line, and losing sales to no frills tractors, then get that type.

jb

/ Which brand would you sell? #6  
Based upon the existing Dealerships in your area I would closely look at Kubota first, New Holland second then John Deere. Just look at all the posts under Discussions in this forum for Kubota compared to the rest. It tells you 1 of two things.....maybe both. One....Kubota's are outselling all the others and/or Second, buyers of Kubota's are more satisfied with their purchase.

I don't own a Kubota but they have an incredible reputation for reliability. The only reason I bought a NH was the Kubota Dealership was trying to pull a fast one on me.

Just my 2ï½¢.

Vic

/ Which brand would you sell? #7  
kozak said:
buyers of Kubota's are more satisfied with their purchase.
I haven't come to the same conclusion as you have. I certainly don't see the need to bring up specific posts, but a search of the Kubota forum will bring similar results of issues as other brands.

/ Which brand would you sell? #8  
ihcubs said:
We are looking for a tractor brand to sell and was wondering what brand you would take on in your dealership. The brands that are available in our area is: Kioti, Massey Ferguson, Branson, and Mihandra. Please give us your opinions. Dealers are welcome to let us know what experiences that they have had with parts and service from these companies. Thanks in advance.

If you are trying to choose between the four brands you mentioned then go with Massey Ferguson as being tied in with Agco you will be able to sell everything from compact tractors and equipment to combines. Having a high quality company like Agco to sell for is an advantage because of all the great equipment companies they own. Hay equipment from Hesston, tillage equipment from Sun Flower, White planters and so on so forth. MF tractors are great tractors with a long history.

Now if you only want to see small tractors then Massey Ferguson has the name but Mahindra has been selling tractors here like crazy. I see more Mahindra tractors in this area then MF (the dealer for them is terrible) and Kioti. Of course the Kioti dealer sold Valtra tractors and when Valtra was bought by Agco they ended up taking on the Agco line so I don't know how many Kioti's they sell any more.

If it was me and in my area I would go with the company that offered you the most products and best support. With MF you will get sales from people looking for implements as well as tractors. And you don't have to sell everything so you choose what your area needs and sell that.

/ Which brand would you sell? #9  
Based on what I know, either MF or Kioti. MF is part of AGCO and gives you a full range of tractors with known quality and name recognition even for people in their 90's. The MF and AGCO tractors I've seen look good, and importantly are bought by farmers as well as homeowners. MF also has a number of implements besides just tractors, like hay balers, and that lineup could be valuable too. MF would be my #1 pick if all other factors were equal.

Kioti would be my other choice. Their product looks excellent, offering full features while undercutting big 3 prices for similar size and features. I think they are a bit handicapped by their small dealer network. Also, while I don't think Kioti will disappear any time, I can see that someone who is older and more cautious would feel better buying Deere/NH/Kubota/MF.

I have looked at Branson and Mahindra tractors at dealers and farm shows, and I'm not likely to buy either one. They look much more basic compared to the big 3, plus AGCO/MF and Kioti. I guess some of the Mahindra-badged tractors are now made in Japan Mitsubishis, but that doesn't change my view. I know that both should have "some" price advantage, but in my area it doesn't look like enough difference to justify the older tech, less refined construction, and reduced features.

Of course I don't know relative profitability, dealership requirements or financing arrangements for those brands, all of which would be quite important to me from a business perspective.

/ Which brand would you sell? #10  
Z-Michigan said:
Based on what I know, either MF or Kioti. MF is part of AGCO and gives you a full range of tractors with known quality and name recognition even for people in their 90's. The MF and AGCO tractors I've seen look good, and importantly are bought by farmers as well as homeowners. MF also has a number of implements besides just tractors, like hay balers, and that lineup could be valuable too. MF would be my #1 pick if all other factors were equal.

Kioti would be my other choice. Their product looks excellent, offering full features while undercutting big 3 prices for similar size and features. I think they are a bit handicapped by their small dealer network. Also, while I don't think Kioti will disappear any time, I can see that someone who is older and more cautious would feel better buying Deere/NH/Kubota/MF.

I have looked at Branson and Mahindra tractors at dealers and farm shows, and I'm not likely to buy either one. They look much more basic compared to the big 3, plus AGCO/MF and Kioti. I guess some of the Mahindra-badged tractors are now made in Japan Mitsubishis, but that doesn't change my view. I know that both should have "some" price advantage, but in my area it doesn't look like enough difference to justify the older tech, less refined construction, and reduced features.

Of course I don't know relative profitability, dealership requirements or financing arrangements for those brands, all of which would be quite important to me from a business perspective.

Looks like I beat you to the submit button by a couple seconds:D