Price Check Price variation between dealers

/ Price variation between dealers #31  
You really struck a nerve with me. Very well put.

I'm in the building business and I've never been the one to not show up and finish a job. Never really underbid one, either.

You know all the TV documentaries about "bad contractors"? You usually see them aired when there's little going on in the news world, when things are kinda slow. I wish just one, there could be a "bad customers" documentary. I've only had a few, but man, can they ruin your outlook on mankind.

Anyway, I've been trying for years to get into the customer base that has enough money to spend that you can do business without a lot of haggling and threats of having your price undercut.

Not there yet, but I'm trying! :rolleyes:

/ Price variation between dealers #32  
Builder said:
You really struck a nerve with me. Very well put.

I'm in the building business and I've never been the one to not show up and finish a job. Never really underbid one, either.

You know all the TV documentaries about "bad contractors"? You usually see them aired when there's little going on in the news world, when things are kinda slow. I wish just one, there could be a "bad customers" documentary. I've only had a few, but man, can they ruin your outlook on mankind.

Anyway, I've been trying for years to get into the customer base that has enough money to spend that you can do business without a lot of haggling and threats of having your price undercut.

Not there yet, but I'm trying! :rolleyes:

So true - was in the service industry for years and ran my operation to ensure repeat business. And dealt with every adverse situation with the mentality that the "customer is always right". After 20 years I can still remember the handful of problem customers (out of thousands) that were never happy no matter what you did. But nowadays many customers feel their "right" is to get more than what they paid for- one reason I had to get out.

And I have spent years trying to BECOME that customer base - I always consider price, but the person or company I'm dealing with is just as important. And SUPRISE! The best company is also reasonably (not always lowest and almost never highest) priced - imagine that.....

/ Price variation between dealers
>I was leaning towards a Branson (before they carried Mahindra) but my wife insisted on a Kubota so I didn't argue the fact.

Craig, If my wife insisted on ANY tractor then my problems would be solved! :)

/ Price variation between dealers #34  
Let me confess, my wife didn't actually "insist" on me getting a tractor. A matter of fact, she thought we didn't need one until this winter when I was able to dig our way out to civilization and pull her out of the ditch.

She just said that "if" I'm going to get a tractor, it will be a Kubota. I looked at all of them prior to getting one and I'm pleased my wife told me so.

Trust me, its a battle for everything I have. She never believes me when I tell her we need something like a tractor, or wood stove, or a generator, until we get snowed in, lose power for 5 days, and have no heat. Then they are no long just more toys that I want.

Good luck to ya. :D

Craig