JD and Kubota are so lame

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #1  

hayden

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, KX121, KX080
Their marketing really stinks - both of them.

JD has this new 4x10 product line out that's supposed to be so great, but it's nowhere to be found on their web site. Marketing 101 says you should at least tell people about your products rather than wait for them to trip over them.

Same with Kubota. There's an MX5000 out. What is it? It's nowhere to be found on their web site. They also have zero information about implements and accessories.

Their marketing people should be fired.

Peter (a little frustrated today)

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #2  
I think far too many companies treat their web sites as an afterthought instead of including it with all their other advertising efforts. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ JD and Kubota are so lame
Unfortunately, I think Kubota is just about as bad with their brochures. Their glossy on loaders is years old and completely out of date. Same with their backhoe brochure. Other brochures come out way late compared to products.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #4  
Peter,

I don't know about Kubota, but here's a Deere website that has info on the new tractors.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://customer.deere.com/golfandturfprofessionals/4000ten/whatsnew.html>http://customer.deere.com/golfandturfprofessionals/4000ten/whatsnew.html</A>

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #5  
As someone else in this thread said, these tractor companies are a little slow on the uptake when it comes to the information age. If you haven't found anything yet, you can read up on the MX500 <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fiser.com/tractor/agri/mx5000.shtml>here</A>.
mx5000b.jpg

The MX5000

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #6  
I think far too many companies treat their web sites as an afterthought instead of including it with all their other advertising efforts.

So true...

I'm sure both JD and Kubota are pretty conservative "Old Line" companies with "more mature" mid level and upper management.

Of course, their target markets (more so for JD here) is comprised of the folks who may not be as computer literate or as avid users, as most folks on TBN (a lot of IT and engineers or engineer related types, self avowed "Geeks", etc....but "non-traditional" tractor owners).

It'll take a few more years before the Old Guard move on and then younger (more computer savvy) guys and gals move into positions that will make use of the Internet.)

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #7  
Yeah MikePa is right. These companies that have been in business so long, don't understand how many people have computers. I research almost everything that I buy on the net. Most times I find out that what I wanted, really wasn't what's best. And its also great for prices. Take this Forum, I asked questions, and got great answers, and also found fair prices along the way.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame
GO to deere.com and try to find it. I can't. I even did a search on "4710" and nothing.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #9  
I hear ya man! The only thing worse than not being able to find out info on a product already out there due to lack of advertising is being blitzed by advertising for something that isn't even available. Timing is everything....

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #10  
While I am sure JD and NH make a large percent (majority?) of their net earnings from their large tractors/farm equipment (perhaps Kubota as well), the big three have seen a market for compact/smaller tractors, e.g., 41xx, Boomers, BX2200, which clearly appeal to suburban, farmette owner, yuppies, if you will. Yuppies are very likely to be compuer/Internet savvy. If these companies wait for the old guard to die off to switch to the Internet model, they will be behind the curve.