Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors
I think some of you missed my point! I know what suggested retail means, I did not just fall off a turnip truck:D To say "research yourself" quite frankly is offensive and un helpfull. I have since bought a tractor, I posted this on another thread, John Deere 3005. I wont get it for 3 weeks yet and noticed that I missed the Japanese/indian machines.

I did so much re search and googleing the last month...I cant tell you. I know that Chinese tractors are like half price, so to say suggested retail would not give you a rough idea is untrue. I would not buy a Chinese tractor for a number of reasons. 10,500 gets you a brand new 40 hp 4wd no name Chinese in Toronto. I might have considered a Japanese type if it was 4 thousand less than JD.

Thanks to those that responded with helpful info!!! It was just a question I had, I thought a reasonable one.

:)

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #12  
Flutie Fanatic said:
I have searched on this forum hoping to find suggested retail prices of different compact tractors side by side, have had no success. I did scan the rules here (I said scan because I belong to many forums, different hobbies) they are pretty much the same...read before asking etc.

I did not notice any rule about price posting, but perhaps thats a rule I missed.

Now on some forums I belong to (satellite) I would add at bottom of post...come tear me a new one:D

I would just start a TBN thread and ask for prices paid for the tractor you're looking at or similar ones.

The only "one-stop" pricing info I know of is the Official Tractor Blue Book (latest version available from amazon.com for about $16). It lists the approximate retail cost for the tractor when new. Be aware that the blue book only has prices up to last year's models. So you have to estimate the cost of current new models. But at least the blue book gets you in the ballpark. And it does give the prices for different types of engine (gas/diesel), trannies (HST, gear), with/without cab, configurations (2WD, 4WD, high crop) etc.

flusher said:
I would just start a TBN thread and ask for prices paid for the tractor you're looking at or similar ones.

The only "one-stop" pricing info I know of is the Official Tractor Blue Book (latest version available from amazon.com for about $16). It lists the approximate retail cost for the tractor when new. Be aware that the blue book only has prices up to last year's models. So you have to estimate the cost of current new models. But at least the blue book gets you in the ballpark. And it does give the prices for different types of engine (gas/diesel), trannies (HST, gear), with/without cab, configurations (2WD, 4WD, high crop) etc.

Thanks, thats all I meant was ball park. I already bought a tractor so, you may say what`s the big deal....I was interested, was all.

I did google Mahindra tractor for sale(in canada) and came across a couple review sites, but the reviews where only of your BIGGEST NAME BRANDS.

Also Branson...I did Japanese tractors for sale etc. Most I found said contact dealer.

NUFF OUT OF ME..THANKS....Now I have to get back to work.

....................................................................................

I would not do that here because I would just get same clown saying..."RESEARCH YOURSELF:

NO THANKS:)

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #15  
Flutie Fanatic said:
I think some of you missed my point! I know what suggested retail means, I did not just fall off a turnip truck:D To say "research yourself" quite frankly is offensive and un helpfull. I have since bought a tractor, I posted this on another thread, John Deere 3005. I wont get it for 3 weeks yet and noticed that I missed the Japanese/indian machines.

I did so much re search and googleing the last month...I cant tell you. I know that Chinese tractors are like half price, so to say suggested retail would not give you a rough idea is untrue. I would not buy a Chinese tractor for a number of reasons. 10,500 gets you a brand new 40 hp 4wd no name Chinese in Toronto. I might have considered a Japanese type if it was 4 thousand less than JD.

Thanks to those that responded with helpful info!!! It was just a question I had, I thought a reasonable one.

:)

It is a reasonable question - an honestly I was more focused on your question in the topic that what you mentioned in the body of your original post. I would expect MSRP to come from the manufacturer. For consumers to post what they paid is a little different. I don't know about the forum rules, but this site is intended to be "dealer friendly" and I think most try to keep that in mind. I would happily post what I paid in a thread, but would not mention the dealer. On the other site that I mentioned in my previous post, which specifically listed dealer and price, I thought about posting, but thought twice in case my dealer might get "hurt" by it, even though I was very happy about my whole experience.

Thanks Nubota:)

This is my 2nd thread, my first was in John Deere section and nobody answered my question there either...

So I think I will take my ball and go home:D :D :D :D

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #17  
What if? I know the dealers are going to put out a contract on me for this, (I'm conflicted on whether I like them on here or not), But, what if there was a place where as we purchased new equipment, you post the Dealer and the price paid. This would force them to compete more, at least regionally, and benefit us all with more "buying power" ???????? I just realized, the advertisers will likely be the first to object. Perhaps it could be done in another forum if not here.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #18  
I know that some will react as if I just set their hair on fire, but here's my take.

I do not subscribe to the "oh there is much more to the purchase than the bottom line price. You are also buying a dealer".

In my best Marion Morrison voice, "not hardly".

I buy the best price, and I buy the best service, both as separate commodity's. If the location coincides, fine. If it does not, so be it.

When I am buying, I establish what I want and create my list with all options selected. I take it/email it to 4 dealers, with the proviso that they get one chance. Once all prices are in, if theirs is lowest, expect the sale. Otherwise there will be no further contact/revisit/haggling. Best price the first time.

I am not interested in a "personal relationship" with my tractor dealer any more than I want one with my car dealer or the guy who sells beans in a supermarket. If I wanted personal relationships, I'd join a country club.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #19  
RFB said:
I know that some will react as if I just set their hair on fire, but here's my take.

I do not subscribe to the "oh there is much more to the purchase than the bottom line price. You are also buying a dealer".

In my best Marion Morrison voice, "not hardly".

I buy the best price, and I buy the best service, both as separate commodity's. If the location coincides, fine. If it does not, so be it.

When I am buying, I establish what I want and create my list with all options selected. I take it/email it to 4 dealers, with the proviso that they get one chance. Once all prices are in, if theirs is lowest, expect the sale. Otherwise there will be no further contact/revisit/haggling. Best price the first time.

I am not interested in a "personal relationship" with my tractor dealer any more than I want one with my car dealer or the guy who sells beans in a supermarket. If I wanted personal relationships, I'd join a country club.

WOW! that's an amazing attitude

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #20  
bake321 said:
How about a "Yeah But"? You go to a dealers lot, see a tractor that you like and ask how much is that tractor? You end up sitting there for thirty minutes while he goes through a price book and then you finally get an answer. When you then look at him like he has two heads he then adds "well that dosen't include discounts", So, you end up walking away still not knowing how much the tractor cost. Or you sit at a dealership and they end up pulling up the same web site that you can for pricing. Or the salesman can't figure out pricing, so out of kindness you give him your phone number and email and say let me know. And you still don't get a price. I don't think that these tractors are for sale, thier just there to make the lot look pretty. And I'm sorry, but the way that this world has gone, I figure that for anything other than minor warrentee work I'm going to have to fight up the ladder to get what is right.

JMO

Bake
That's what I'd call a "bad dealer". A guy that's just trying to jerk you around. Best bet is to make a note of the model number and go find another dealer. Before you go in though, settle on a couple of other models (including the one you liked) and see if you can get an idea on the forum what a going price is. It's a little difficult because of regional differences in prices. Another rule of thumb is at least 10 and maybe as much as 15% off MSRP. Hopefully someone will let you know what that is. I know they took it off the Mahindra site but if you can get it, knock 15% off and start there. That should save a lot of time. If he stares at your offer for more than a couple of seconds, you really are trying to deal with an idiot and best leave as soon as possible. It really helps if you don't settle on one brand. If you liked a JD, go to the Kubota forum and ask what Kubota is similar to the JD you saw.