Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #71  
MACDABS said:
VOTE HERE -- VOTE once--
IF you want product cheap
IF you want service only
If you want just product and we will tell you it is cheap---
If you want george W to give you a refund for cheap product ----

Haven't you ever heard of the "cheap, good, fast" triangle? It applies to everything. You can only pick two of the three. ;)

If it is cheap and good, it won't be done fast.
If it is good and fast, it won't be done cheap.
If it is fast and cheap, it won't be done good(or well, depending on grammar).;)

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #72  
MossRoad said:
Haven't you ever heard of the "cheap, good, fast" triangle? It applies to everything. You can only pick two of the three. ;)

If it is cheap and good, it won't be done fast.
If it is good and fast, it won't be done cheap.
If it is fast and cheap, it won't be done good(or well, depending on grammar).;)

PRICE
SERVICE
QUALITY

is another way to look at it. If you get all three, somebody is losing their shirt.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #73  
RFB said:
I know that some will react as if I just set their hair on fire, but here's my take.

I do not subscribe to the "oh there is much more to the purchase than the bottom line price. You are also buying a dealer".

In my best Marion Morrison voice, "not hardly".

I buy the best price, and I buy the best service, both as separate commodity's. If the location coincides, fine. If it does not, so be it.

When I am buying, I establish what I want and create my list with all options selected. I take it/email it to 4 dealers, with the proviso that they get one chance. Once all prices are in, if theirs is lowest, expect the sale. Otherwise there will be no further contact/revisit/haggling. Best price the first time

am not interested in a "personal relationship" with my tractor dealer any more than I want one with my car dealer or the guy who sells beans in a supermarket. If I wanted personal relationships, I'd join a country club.
.........................................................................................

WELL SAID!!! A man after my own heart :) Buy the cheapest you can get, if you need service later go to any dealer you like. I also am not interested in a dealer relationship.

I bought my latest Chevy 4 wheel drive truck a hundred miles away because they had the best price. I had a transmission problem under warranty and I went to the dealer down the road from my house that wanted to much money for truck. No questions asked they did a bang up repair job under warranty. Who needs a relationship with a dealer!