Kubota...Kioti????

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #11  
Hosejockey hits the point perfectly. I have a Kioti CK25. Kubotas are great machines. I'd love to have an L39. But, bota didn't really have anything comparable for similar money to the CK25 for ground engagement type work. I'm happy with my Kioti at 195 hours. It's a beast.

I too was wary of brand survival. But, for the past 2 years Kioti is clearly growing and gaining momentum. They've been here for 20 years, and hopefully have reached a sort of critical mass, where they can flourish. The Internet will also help to fascillitate the acceptance of alternative brands.

Investment in a tractor is serious money. One would be wise to consider all brands and options before making such an important purchase. Certainly, Kioti is but one brand to think about.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #12  
I think they are both good in their own way. It is a very good point to look at the weight and capability of the tractors. I was going to get the CK-20 but then I bought a Kubota B7510 because they are lighter. I don't do any ground engaging work but I have soft/muddy areas on my property. I wanted something that is light to minimize damage in the woods. I figured I can add a 4-500 lbs to the 3ph when I need the weight. The other uses I have are snow removal and mowing. I wouldn't hesitate to get a Kioti if that fit my need better.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #13  
They are both great tractors and owner loyalty rem ains strong among either brand. I studied both brands fervently. However the first time I got my hands on that Kioti CK20, I just knew that was the one I had to have. It's really solid just look at the girth to that frame and axles, grab the fenders and lift up the engine hood.

I loved and drove the Kubota but found the Kioti irresistable. I read both of the forums (Kubota vs Kioti) indepth. That cinched the deal. The Kioti owners made me a believer in the end. This is still a choice you won't make a mistake regardless of which you choose.

rim

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #14  
I've had a Kioti DK 45 for about 6 years now and I love it. I will say that I had a problem with the transmission (shift fork/key) and the tractor had to be split to fix it. It was one of those $5 parts but $500 of labor to get to it. I wish that hadn't happened, but it is far from typical for the Kiotis from what I read.

My dad has bought a 3054 TLB and a DK 55 and I've gotten to use both of them extensively. I plan on my next tractor being a DK 65 with cab.

Prior to buying the Kioti, I looked at Kubotas. The cincher was the DK 45 was about $3,000 or $4,000 less than the most comparable Kubota. I don't believe that the price difference is as much now, but I feel that the Kiotis are on par in quality and durability with Kubota. Of course, if I found a screaming deal on a Kubota, I wouldn't pass it up either.

I would guess that Kubota does have a significant resale advantage (name is more recognizable, no doubt). If resale is a concern and most other points equal, I would go Kubota. If not, I would let my choice of dealer and whichever tractor I am most comfortable on be my influence.

Good luck and take care.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #15  
I did the Kubota/Kioti debate for a while, both machines are well made. Kioti has the better warrenty, chances are you will not need it with either tractor. The Kubota dealer, 18 miles away, seemed better than any Kioti dealer within a 100 mile radius. I ended up with a used Kioti CK30, I couldn't beat the price and the ergonomics of the Kubota just didn't work for me. If I am going to be spending hrs on the machine... it has to feel 'right'. The Kubota just didn't feel right to me, the Kioti did. You need run them both and decide that for yourself. I was also more interesed in having a heavy machine for dirt work rather than a lighter machine for lawn duties. The Kubota at the moment will have a better resale than the Kioti, name brand and all. I don't intend on selling mine so I am not worrying about that aspect. I don't think you can go wrong with either machine.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #16  
ChesapeakeMarine said:
I don't want to take a lot of time researching every nut and bolt. Thank you

This is a major problem with many folks looking for tractors. They don't want to take the time to look into things for themselves and jump into a purchase that they end up being not happy with. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and start your own spreadsheat to compare all the plusses and minusses of any tractor that you think you are interested in. Look at as many as possible and go to the dealers and sit on them, drive them, operate them and then do it again for the next one... over and over again until you find one that you are comfortable with and has a dealer you get along with.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #17  
Even if Kubota is lighter in frames and axles, I don't hear of them breaking frames & axles. It is possible that higher quality metallurgy and tensile strength metals are used in place of cheaper heavier castings.

There is a time when heavier helps, especially with loader work to mention one, but you could add weight to the Kubota using suitcase weights, wheel weights, filled tires, ballast, etc.. That way you have a choice, so if you wanted a lighter tractor the weights could be removed or you could get a spare set of unfilled tires for mowing, etc.

IMO, the most versatile tractor for estate use would be one where you could bolt on a set of filled ag tires for dirt work, stumps, plowing and have a set of unfilled turfs for mowing.

This is not a knock on Kioti. I hear nothing bad about them, only good.

/ Kubota...Kioti????
I read a thread regarding FarmTrac going out of business. I stopped in to look at FarmTracs back in November around Thanksgiving. They looked like very well built tractors and the dealer was quite knowledgeable. Is Kioti a more established brand than FarmTrac? I would hate to be a FarmTrac owner right now.

I guess dealer/brand stability, quality construction and to a lesser extent resale value are concerns I have about Kioti at this point.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #19  
You mention the lack of Kioti dealers in your area. That would probably be a bigger deciding factor for me than the actual differences in the tractor. Sooner or later you will need parts or service. Lack of a stable dealer near me is a problem Kioti owners face and the lack of brand recognition in this area makes resale values lower than other brands. Which if your looking used could make it easier to find a "deal". I really haven't found anything I didn't like about either brand, but Kubota dealers are much more common and larger in this area.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #20  
Unless you need to take it to the shop, the distance to a dealer isn't as important as it used to be. You can have parts delivered to your door, usually within 24 hrs.