Kubota...Kioti????

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #1  
OK, Kubota has been around a very long time in this country. Has Kioti been around as long or are they a knockoff of Kubota. They use the same colors. Are Kioti's the cheaper Kubota version? Are the Kioti's made in China? The Chinese make a lot of knockoff products. How is the Kioti quality compared to the Kubota..same/worse?? Are the Kioti's a Chinese Jinma? I just want to find out if they (the Kioti's) are even worth looking at, I don't want to take a lot of time researching every nut and bolt. Thank you

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #2  
In the "for what its worth department" I just purchased a new Kubota and while at the dealership I noticed a nice shiny new Bobcat tractor on the showroom floor. On the side (outside of anyones ear range) I asked if the Bobcat was actually a Koiti in disguise and why he didn't attempt to sell me one. He all but admitted that they were affiliated with Kioti, but would not go so far as to say made by them. He did say Kubota is still the way to go (as I would have expected him to say). I have not heard anything bad about the Kioti brand, personaly I am just sold on the quality and the after purchase service I received with the Kubota at this dealership (this is my second purchase from them). I am sure there are a lot of folks on here who have done some or a lot of research on the Kioti. But in any case, that was what my particular Kubota dealer related to me. Happy hunting. :)

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #3  
Kioti is not a Chinese tractor. It is made in South Korea and has been imported into the USA for over 20 years. Daedong is the manufacturing company that makes Kioti and the new Bobcat is in fact a rebaged Kioti. Take a close look at both the Kubota and Kioti and I think you'll find the Kioti has a more powerful loader and 3pt hitch. It weighs more that a comparable Kubota and the castings are more robust. You'll also fine the warranty is longer on the Kioti.

In general you will get more tractor for less money. I'm old enough to remember when Kubota was the upstart and everyone was afraid to buy one of them. I looked at both and went with the Kioti, I've had it for 2.5 years and have almost 700 hours on it. The only problem I had was a broken seat which was replaced without any problem.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #4  
Well, if you check the Kioti website, they just celebrated 20 yrs in the US. I'd never heard of them till last year, but then again, I never shopped for a tractor till last year. They are made my a So. Korean company, Dongdeng I think. To put things in perspective, 20 or so years ago, Kubota went through the same thing. It's like in the auto industry, 30 years ago Datsun and Toyota really had to work hard to get customers. Now look at them. Now we see Kia and Hyundai (korean) making strides.
I looked at the CK20HST as a TLB. Really nice. Check the Kioti forums, everyone likes them. They are a little more affordable than a comparable Kubota. The key word is comparable. I bought a BX24, Kioti doesn't make a SCUT. The CK20 is the smallest of the Kiotis. It was an unfair comparison. The CK20 would match up against a B7510 or so. Overall I think the Kioti outspecs a "comparable" Kubota or any other make for that matter. I really liked the CK20. But in the end, I decided it was a litlle big for my property. Now that I have my BX for a couple of months, I'm glad I got it. It's the perfect size.
Go check the Kiotis out. They are really impressive. A very good value.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #5  
ChesapeakeMarine said:
I just want to find out if they (the Kioti's) are even worth looking at
Yes they are worth looking at.
Kioti is made in South Korea.
I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35 with just under 1100 hours. Very nice tractor, I've been real pleased with it.
The reliabilty, quality and fit/ finish has been very good.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #6  
I bought my Kioti CK20 from a dealer that sells both Kubota and Kioti. Based on my needs, he recommended the CK20 over the comparable Kubota B7510. I use my tractor primarily for my residential landscaping and light excavation business. The CK20 is several hundred pounds heavier than the B7510 which gives it an advantage for ground engaging work, and the loader has considerably more capacity than the B7510s. On the other hand, if your primary useage is mowing or other turf work, the Kubotas with their higher power-to-weight ratios are probably the better choice. With Kubota you get the brand recognition and a bigger dealer network. Both brands make excellent machines. If I were still in the market, I would really check out Kubota's new B series, which I know little about but I imagine they are near the top their class for features and performance. If price were no object I would have bought a new Kubota B26. Maybe someday....

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #7  
.....I just finished patting myself on the back for being so mature..... :D

Kiotis and Kubotas are different animals. I do not believe there is any real overlap between the two, and it depends on the size tractor you want. Kioti's are heavy, whereas Kubota has refined their machines to the point of being lighter. If a Kioti fits your niche, go for it. I found a Kubota that fulfilled my every desire (and my most discriminating tastes) and it is now parked in my barn. IMO Kubota is still the compact tractor quality leader. ;)

Now let the rotten vegge throwing begin!

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #8  
Even though I have a very new Kioti CK20 (20 hrs), I have been pleased with with results. Small enough to move around my 10 acres, yet powerful enough to do everday work. It will be worth your time to take and look and save a few $$$ also.

Eddie

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #9  
Not to be a party pooper, but one must also take into account the name brand recognition that would probably give Kubota a resale value advantage.

I was $500 away from buying a Kubota L3710/c-h-a/4x4off a guy in upstate NJ last summer. I asked hime why he was selling it and he said he wanted to upgrade to a 60HP/ c-h-a /4x4 and he was going with Kioti. He gushed over them. Said he was impressed.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #10  
As said Kioti has been around for 20 years. they are well built and heavier than kubota and also have very good warranty 4 years if I remember correctly. they also had good financing rate. I was going to buy Kioti but DK65 was the biggest they had at the time(now they haveDK90).They are also assembled in north carolina.(Wendell N.C. I believe) I have no dog in this fight and Kubota is also very good tractor.