interested in PT425 or ...

/ interested in PT425 or ... #1  

Moon

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010HST R4's, Scag Wildcat ZTR, 61
I’m in the market for a 25 – 30 hp tractor. So last week I went to look at a 1997 John Deere 870. Very nice tractor in excellent condition; but when I asked why he was selling it I got a real surprise. He showed me the hills and area that he mows and said he scared the heck out of himself more than once trying to mow those hills with the 4wd 870. Next he showed me a Steiner 4wd 25hp articulated mower. He said he now mows hills he wouldn’t even attempt with the Deere. He fired up the Steiner and showed me how easy it is to change off the small bucket and attach the mower deck.
I had checked out the Power-Trac site when someone mentioned it a while back. But it just looked to different; so I didn’t give them serious consideration. But now after seeing one in action and reviewing all the possible attachments I can envision clearing and mowing areas that I hadn’t considered before.
Do we have any owners of the pt425 in the crowd? Does anyone know about other brands of this type of machine?

/ interested in PT425 or ... #2  
Several very vocal Power Trac owners over in the other brands forums. Come on over and take a look/read <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=other> by clicking here</A> or jsut do a search for pt425 or power trac.

/ interested in PT425 or ... #3  
Moon:
As a Power Trac 1845 owner, I am certainly biased. I first came across Power Trac when searching for slope mowers on the net. I, too have scared myself too many times on slopes with conventional tractors.
I've read about Steiners and Ventracs, and gotten their videos, but not operated one. Based only on appearance and specs, I'll bet an equally powered Power Trac against them, particularly for loader work.
I encourage you to read the Power Trac 425 thread and look at MossRoad's website. There are also some customization and attachment posts.

/ interested in PT425 or ... #4  
Take a look at MossRoads home page
godollei.net/pt425/vids.html
PJ

/ interested in PT425 or ... #5  
Here's a link to my personal PT425 website. I realized it is buried somewhere in the PT425 thread. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pt425.godollei.net> MossRoad's PT425 page </A> This was made mostly for me to play around with web stuff and to help me keep track of my PT425 history. There is WAY more info here on TBN /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ interested in PT425 or ...
Thanks all for the pointers. Lots of info. Just what i was looking for. Looks like a trip down to tracewell is in my future. I think I'm less than 5 hours away, so I'll mosy down that way and try em out. I'm still wading through all the posts in the other eq category. Impressive video's Mossman; I waiting to hear more from you on how the mower and brush hog do for ya. Once i found out the PT's have the brush hogs and box blades available i became really interested. Probably post another questin or two once i get thru all the info ...and i'll even post it in the right category this time. : )