Re: Canadian Prices

/ Re: Canadian Prices #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320

Guys,

I just wanted to see what the current state is here in Canada regarding our prices for Kubota's, MF's, and JD's

Very shortly I will be hitting the pavement looking for deals and I was wondering if our prices have come down more in line with the US yet. The last time I look a few months ago, I found the following:

Kubota - Not competitive on pricing at all. Operating as if the dollar is still 65 Cents. Did get a cash price for a base BX24 at $20,800 but it is a far cry from the $15,500 I see in the US. There is someone here in Ontario importing them and selling them for around $16,000. No warranty but $4000 is a fair amount of money.

MF - Dealers tell me their pricing is based on the US dollar, then give me a quote for a base GC2310 of $22,800 before taxes. I look on machine trader in the US and I see them for around $14,800. Do they not know about the Internet?

JD - Great local dealer when it comes to dealing with them. Pricing on a 2305TLB was still high. I like the Kubota and MF better as they seem more purpose built. JD offers their warranty in Canada from US purchased machines so I find it odd that their prices are still high here as there is no gotcha on picking one up in the US.

I would like to buy local but I am finding it hard to justify when I look at the numbers.

Cheers,

/ Re: Canadian Prices #2  

I ordered a JD 5425 in late January with a build date of mid-March. The quoted price at the time was the US price plus 2% exchange to Canadian funds. So, the cost was very close to the US price. One benefit is John Deere will cap the exchange at time of purchase, so if the exchange becomes favorable, ie. stronger Canadian dollar by the time of delivery, I get refunded the difference. If lower, I don't have to pay more.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #3  

I travel to Canada from the states fairly often and all I can say is everything is more expensive and it seems nothing has been repriced to compensate for the changes in exchange rates. I had to purchase a product to help a customer debug something. I figured I could by it from the Canadian division of a US company to avoid brokerage and shipping fees. Same item listed in the states by the same MFG was 25% more. Hotels, rental cars, food, items in Costco all more. Books are one of the worst things.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #4  

That's IT.....I think I'm going to quit Canada & move to the US of A !! Sell my Tractor here...make a quick bundle....& buy two new ones in my new location. :D

It will be Tractor Heaven.

Vic

/ Re: Canadian Prices

I will be starting my search again shortly. Thank you for your input. I will post up my results when I get some real numbers.

Cheers,

/ Re: Canadian Prices #6  

Hi,

South western Ontario ---

Kubota --- out of the ball park unless you buy from the guy who imports

Massey --- Marsh offers at $19900 ( list ) for the 2310 and someone has them for $18800.

John Deere 2305 --- darn near as bad as the Kubota's

Should have been at the farm show as they had a Landini ( TLB ) for around $22k but was alot more HP.

Yes, Canadian prices are still very high compared to the U.S.

Probably best deal around me is a CK20 gear ( with loader and 5 yr warranty)
for $13900.

Good luck on your search.

Have a good one

Tom

/ Re: Canadian Prices #7  

Fellow Canadians:

I have found John Deere prices to be comparable to those list prices shown in U.S. dollars on the web. Of course, this is with dealer discounts etc. As an example, I was quoted $18,000.00 for a 2320 with loader, 60" mmm (drive over deck), imatch, and loaded tires. This includes set up and delivery. Taxes are extra. Kubota did not appear to have adjusted their prices to take into account the Canadian dollar to the same extent. I do know that Deere had a price adjustment in Oct/Nov of 2007. Kubota adjusted their prices to some degree in December, 2007. Apparently, Kubota will have further adjustments coming down the pipe next week. Lets hope they adjust these prices down further.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #8  

jcaledon:

Are you saying that the Canadian price after discount is equal to the US price on the web before discount - or that both prices after discount are about the same?

For JD, since warranty coverage is NA wide, if one is so inclined they can purchase from a place like Mutton who will arrange shipping at a nominal charge.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #9  

canoetrpr said:
jcaledon:

Are you saying that the Canadian price after discount is equal to the US price on the web before discount - or that both prices after discount are about the same?

For JD, since warranty coverage is NA wide, if one is so inclined they can purchase from a place like Mutton who will arrange shipping at a nominal charge.

Canoetrpr:

The answer is somewhere in the middle. The price that I was quoted (which included setup, freight, delivery etc., basically everything except PST and GST) was roughly the same as the JD web site price in U.S. dollars, which does not include set up delivery etc. I'm sure that if I was buying the machine in the U.S. I would be able to get a better price - maybe 5-7% less. But then I would have the hassle of having to buy a tractor from someone other than the dealer that's 10 minutes from my home. For $1,000.00, in my case, I don't think that its worth it. If the difference were $3-4,000.00 then I would consider buying in the States.

I'm not sure in terms of the difference as it relates to Kubota, since they don't publish their prices like John Deere does.

The sales taxes will likely be less in the States, however, I believe that GST and PST would be applicable on U.S. tractor purchases coming over the boarder - but no duties (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Am I totally off side on this? I'm all for saving money, so if someone can tell me that I would be able to get a 2320 for significantly less by going south of the boarder, please let me know. I'm cheap - so I don't mind driving to get a deal!

/ Re: Canadian Prices #10  

I bought my BX24 in December /07 just when the price adjustment began. Paid 16,600 plus tax. A good deal. This is in Nova Scotia. dealer about 50 miles away had it on for 19900.00. Rip off.