60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #1  

reddevilsdude

well this year we decided to replace our failing IH Hydro 666 gas with a new tractor top of the list are the Massey Ferguson 500 and 5400 Series, Case IH JX Series and Deutz-Fahr Agroplus.
All of these tractors should give us years of trouble free service but we would like some input from any one who was had a chance to operate any of these tractors some of our requirements are open platform, creeper gears (we farm vegy's) a track width front and rear of about 75" center to center and the quieter the better since we're near it picking all day, And even running the tractors at low revs like we do 1200-1500 a loud tractor gets old fast.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #2  
if you have a kubota dealer nearby, i would check them out. i have a 2006 m8540. these are very reliable tractors. the m7040 would probably fill all of your needs though. mine is 2wd, open station, with loader. the tractor is very quiet. you can also get these tractor's with a creeper gear.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #3  
Have you considered the NH TDD? I believe it's similar to the JX but is available in a high clearance version either 2WD or 4WD and the creeper is standard on the high clearance. The high clearance 2WD comes with 13.6x38 rear tires and 7.50X18 front. What model of the JX were you considering?

I'm looking for something similar; what kind of prices, if any, have you gotten so far?
reddevilsdude said:
well this year we decided to replace our failing IH Hydro 666 gas with a new tractor top of the list are the Massey Ferguson 500 and 5400 Series, Case IH JX Series and Deutz-Fahr Agroplus.
All of these tractors should give us years of trouble free service but we would like some input from any one who was had a chance to operate any of these tractors some of our requirements are open platform, creeper gears (we farm vegy's) a track width front and rear of about 75" center to center and the quieter the better since we're near it picking all day, And even running the tractors at low revs like we do 1200-1500 a loud tractor gets old fast.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #4  
I can't answer your question on any of the specific models you list. All are good brands as far as I know. You may want to look at McCormick. I am a dealer fo McCormick and we are really please with them. Just another to choice to consider.

Maka

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison
Harold_J we actually have a Case IH jx 95 high clearance 4wd it's a awesome
tractor we love it but it's just so high sometimes it's a pain in the butt getting
implements to work right so we use it mostly for making ridges and fertilizing
I think the price total with weights and a sun shade was $35,900(price edited) now we're
looking at a jx 70-80 $24-28K for harvesting we love the tranny but we would like a power shift stopping to shift when picking is a pain.
Maka McCormick is on the list with a c70-80 and the c75max.

Last edited:
   / 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #6  
reddevilsdude, thank you for the info.

I believe the only new tractors I've seen available with both power shift and creeper installed are the JD's; is that what you've found?
Maybe you'll have to bite the JD bullet if that's what you really need, but it will probably be a lot more $$, especially with the 2 tranny options.

Do you know what NH models the JX 70-80 equate to? I prefer to stick with NH if possible because of the local dealer. Thanks.
reddevilsdude said:
Harold_J we actually have a Case IH jx 95 high clearance 4wd it's a awesome
tractor we love it but it's just so high sometimes it's a pain in the butt getting
implements to work right so we use it mostly for making ridges and fertilizing
I think the price total with weights and a sun shade was $30,900 now we're
looking at a jx 70-80 $24-28K for harvesting we love the tranny but we would like a power shift stopping to shift when picking is a pain.
Maka McCormick is on the list with a c70-80 and the c75max.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison
Harold_J
the Massey Ferguson 5400 has a two speed power shift and one other I cant remember too.
The NH TDD are the JX I think they look the same and the tranny is definitely the same.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #8  
Drive one of the MF Dyna-4 transmissions. It is perfect for what you want to do. It is derived from the Fendt Vario transmission. The Massey Dyna-4 has four steps similar to ranges but doesn't shift like a regular transmission. Check one out and you will see what I'm talking about.

/ 60-70 pto hp Tractor comparison #10  
WilliamBos said:
I second what Jerry says.
So how does the Dyna-4 operate, is there a foot clutch and when do you have to use it?