Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ???

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #1  

westwood

Hi, I am looking to buy a 40-50hp Tractor 4wd, HD 72" loader, Mid Mount Mower... I would like a factory cab, I also want to purchase a heavy duty backhoe with the tractor. I currently have a Kubota BX24, but would like more power. Does anyone have any recommendations for my next purchase. I have been to several dealers, John Deere, New Holland , Kubota...etc

The dilemma seems to be mounting the backhoe, I have been told by some dealers that you cannot usually mount the backhoes on the cab tractors. They also say to stay away from ay 3 point hitch backhoe's due to the possibility of damaging the tractors frame.

I would like to be able to use the mid mount mower while the backhoe is still mounted, Some of the dealers talk of a long process of removing the backhoe and mounting the mower.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #2  
Wow! You must paint the floor from the center and work your way to the corners too, right? :)

Normally, when you hit that size tractor, there are fewer choices that have a MMM. Small tractors with cabs are also about impossible to mount hoe's to as there is no way access the controls.

It's like you can have a cab and a MMM, you can have a cab and a BH, you can have a BH and a MMM, but all 3 on the same machine at the same time is going to be tricky.

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #3  
westwood said:
Hi, I am looking to buy a 40-50hp Tractor 4wd, HD 72" loader, Mid Mount Mower... I would like a factory cab, I also want to purchase a heavy duty backhoe with the tractor. I currently have a Kubota BX24, but would like more power. Does anyone have any recommendations for my next purchase. I have been to several dealers, John Deere, New Holland , Kubota...etc

The dilemma seems to be mounting the backhoe, I have been told by some dealers that you cannot usually mount the backhoes on the cab tractors. They also say to stay away from ay 3 point hitch backhoe's due to the possibility of damaging the tractors frame.

I would like to be able to use the mid mount mower while the backhoe is still mounted, Some of the dealers talk of a long process of removing the backhoe and mounting the mower.

Thank You
:eek: :eek: :eek:
If I was you, I wouldn't plan on holding my breath. :rolleyes: I don't think that what you want is std for anybody. It will all be custom adapted parts, you will pay big $$$$$ for something that will be jerry rigged. You need to re-evaluate your needs-wants.

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #4  
Yes, you can have a 50hp Cab tractor from Kubota with a backhoe.

Attachments

• DL & Kubota 002.jpg
    DL & Kubota 002.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 809
   / Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #5  
westwood said:

Thank You
That would be a very clumsy operation; unless you are in wide open spaces to prevent damage, and in that HP range I don't think it's available? I think a Woods back-hoe in that HP range will attach to the cab Kubota, but the "stumbling block" will be the mid-mower for a big tractor. That size mower on a big tractor would still be clumsy anyhow with the long wheel base; and you might reconsider a rear three-point instead??

A mid-mount mower I believe is more a finish lawn mower too, and with the additional weight of a big tractor/BH/mower may destroy your mowing?

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #6  
Personnally, I'm thinkin' that you aren't gonna find ALL that you want. Especially the MMM. Once you have the subframe on the tractor for the BH, I'm betting you can't get a MMM under there to hook up anyway. Get the tractor/FEL/BH/cab and then go get a lawn mower....BobG in VA

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #7  
I've had the pleasure of teaching several customers first hand on the operation of their new equipment. Here's what I've found about what you asked.

With the cab on a tractor and trying to dig trenches I hope you are young, to dig a four foot deep trench you need to move ahead with a nine foot hoe about every four foot of trench. That means either you have someone in the cab to drive, or you get off and go around! So for a two hundred foot trench, that would be roughly fifty times! I did sell one to a fellow that was just dealing with tree's, still when you dig it up then you go around.

To have a add on cab where the rear and sides are removed you still can have a good heating system(no air) and manuver easily from front to rear.

The Kubota's do have about the best system (the only) of the two brands we sell in this catagory for the mid decks to still be attached.

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #8  
Maybe consider a used Earth Force or IR 300 with a cab for backhoe work, then get a used 40 HP tractor with a mower for mowing.

Kinda hard to get a tractor that will do a great job with mid-mount-mowing and backhoe work. The mower is going to get dragged through piles of dirt and inhibit ground clearance when working in dirt.

Any chance you could switch to a rear mount mower and simply switch between backhoe & rear mower?

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #9  
Art hit it - even if you buy the tractor pictured (nice machine, by the way), it will be a royal PITA to operate!

Let's say you are getting ready to dig and as you start, the ground is tougher than you thought and you want more power. Oops, climb down over the outriggers, go around into the cab, adjust the rpms, get out walk around and climb up over the outriggers. I am not a badge holding member of the safety police, but I would think that in the 2-300 times you do the dance every 8hrs of operation, there is a good chance you will grab a BH lever and move a large powerful chunk of heavy metal. It could be bad if you are climbing up, start to slip off, grab the swing control and crush yourself with the boom.

For the price of that rig, get a 10 - 15 year old Case 580 and a 10 year old dedicated mower / ag tractor. Hey, Builder! Whadda you think about that?

Anyway, it's your money - get what you want and enjoy it.

jb

/ Wanted 40+ HP 4wd Tractor with Factory Cab...Which one to buy ??? #10  
john_bud said:
For the price of that rig, get a 10 - 15 year old Case 580 and a 10 year old dedicated mower / ag tractor. Hey, Builder! Whadda you think about that?

Anyway, it's your money - get what you want and enjoy it.

jb

Multiple machines would be my answer also.