Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: How Big of a Tractor do I Need?

bgm72,
    I own a NH TC25D ag tires with FEL & 3pt 7' blade. After +77 hrs I am happy with this unit (discontinued model). Power has been adequate for my applications. Primarily off season X/C ski trail worK(grading, rock removal, skidding windfall) and snow removal from a 1250 ft drive. The terrain I work on is hilly. The "soil" is sandy-gravel with a few damp spots. 4wd is always engaged. I went with the TC25D for the class II "frame", adequate power, felt good and a great dealership. If all the tractors you listed are similar my recommendation would be the one you liked best test "driving" plus a great (good, reliable/competent, fair priced, nice people) dealer. Hydro vs gear drive sure is nice for loader work.

Tractor
    Caterpillar 416C IT, Caterpillar D3G, previously owned a Ford 1910

rf33

I believe that machine would be overkill for his purposes. He mentioned sand, not multiflora roses.

RonL

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

that unit is ok for the sand work, but might be a little hard on the lawn[img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

phd

Tractor
    JD 2210

Have you considered snow fencing, as a temporary solution, and/or perhaps a hedge as a longer term solution to control ground drifting in all seasons?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12