bx2200

/ bx2200 #1  

Hoosier_Daddy

Platinum Member
Tractor
New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08
I realize maybe this subject has been beat to death but I am on the verge of buying a BX and definitely want to make the right decision. Looking at the unit plus 60"MMM and FEL. Priced at 12,800 seemed to be in line with the going rate in my area. Be using it for mowing about 90% and playing the rest... About 2 acres to mow with hilly wooded area to clean up. I guess I am sold on the concept of size and usefulness for my means. Still a chunk of change. Anybody have any problems or regrets with their units?

/ bx2200 #2  
Nope, no regrets. J

/ bx2200 #3  
Hoosier_Daddy,

The few new model problems have all been resolved and current production has the modifications so no problems to report. The BX does a terrific job mowing and the loader is quick. You may want to consider getting the grill guard (maybe even the new BX22 silver grill guard /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif ). If you're considering the front quick hitch or weights they don't mount with the grill guard in place so keep that in mind. And if you're going to get serious with the FEL some rear weight and/or filled tires are in order.

Enjoy,
Michael

/ bx2200 #4  
H D,Go for it ,we use our BX for mowing 90% of the time.The 60" deck does a GREAT job,we also have a bagger for ours.
Have a FEL also,very handy item to have around,well worth the expense.

The prices your talking are right in line,I have no regrets about buying ours,well maybe just one....My wife spends most of the time mowing with ours as it seems to be "Her Kubota"

/ bx2200
Well, the positive comments are looking encouraging. Did you folks also buy any cutter teeth for the FEL? I have a lot of junk saplings I wanted to POP out of the ground. Figured the FEL could probably do that if it had teeth. Also a friend of mine said to get a hook welded to the top middle of the bucket. Any Comments?

Tom

/ bx2200 #6  
<font color=blue>a friend of mine said to get a hook welded to the top middle of the bucket.</font color=blue>

I welded 2 hooks to my bucket, on the top lip where the loader arms connect to the bucket. Less chance of tweaking the bucket, and 2 lift points to chain to. That seems to be the general concensus around here as to where to connect hooks. Cutter teeth, or a toothbar, are a very worth while attachment for a FEL. It is amazing the difference it makes digging and pulling saplings.

/ bx2200 #7  
As far as the hook goes, that's where my dealer said to put it. the BX is unique that it has one bucket curl cylinder in the center and that is where the strength is. You will notice that the center of the bucket is built up quite a bit. My dealer welded a plate across the top of that gusset, and the hook was welded to that plate. I've used it a LOT, and it's nice and conveniant in the center as well, keeps you from tipping to one side with the weight centered. If you were to put any cserious weight on hooks welded to the outside edges you could bend the bucket over time.

/ bx2200 #8  
<font color=blue>the BX is unique that it has one bucket curl cylinder in the center</font color=blue>

Oops /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Thanks for that info Charlie, I didn't know the BX had a single lift cylinder. I would definitly put the hook in the center in that situation.

/ bx2200 #9  
I am still pretty new to the BX, I have 22 hours on mine and have mowed with it one time, I have used the loader a lot and several 3 point attachments. I have absolutly no regrets in buying the BX2200, it was a perfect fit to my needs.
Good Luck.

/ bx2200 #10  
Mine is also still fairly new with about 19 hours. I've mowed my 2.5 acre yard several times as well as a neighboring 3 acre field that was overgrown. The MMM does a great job and leaves a clean, smooth cut. The FEL is a great tool to have - I couldn't name all the uses I've found for it from hauling dirt to just hauling tools, wood, etc. The FEL also comes in handy when removing the wife's unwanted plants and shrubs - Just wrap a chain around the root base and lift - no more shovels, saws or hoes. I've loved ever minute of my BX2200 and I still love it even though the coupon book from Kubota Credit finally arrived. The difference between men and boys is the price they pay for their toys!