Pretty close to a deal

/ Pretty close to a deal #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
I'm pretty close to inking a deal on this machine. The price with R4's, FEL, HD bucket, hydro is as follows.

Dealer#1 16,800
Dealer#2 16,500
Dealer#3 16,000
Dealer#4 15,700

I know some dealers have priced this package as low as
$15,400, but I can't get a deal like that around here.

I sold my JD650 last weekend. Took a $100 deposit and
have not heard a word from the buyer yet. He said he
would call when he was ready to pick it up. I wish I had
a more solid feeling about getting the cash in hand.

Attachments

• 46-128993-tc30.jpg
    46-128993-tc30.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 122
   / Pretty close to a deal #2  
Well, he did leave ya $100...

If you got his phone number...call him. If not..well, you got to wait a few more weeks.

Now, the question is..how long do you have to wait. If he's trying for a loan..it might take a week or so. A bank doesn't look at a tractor as good security for a loan (not where I bank, anyway), so he may be shopping around.

Should this deal fall through, I suggest you ask for a 10% deposit next time....also, a time frame that will hold the machine (you could miss other potential buyers, otherwise).

You should give the buyer a dated receipt with any stipulations written. Verbal commitments mean absolutely nothing.

You may well have done this already...

/ Pretty close to a deal #3  
<font color=blue>He said he would call when he was ready to pick it up. </font color=blue>

I'm having a similar experience selling my AC 720 - the buyer was supposed to pick it up last Thanksgiving and I still have the tractor. However, I received a 50% deposit, and the buyer has purchased another tractor from me about two years ago. I know he's credible and coming to get it, but when? I need the room and the cash!

One question, what's the blue pan under the TC30? Does it come with it's own oil drip pan? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Great looking unit, BTW.

Jeff

/ Pretty close to a deal #4  
That tractor goes for 25 to 29k here in Canada./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Nice lookin tractor./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Pretty close to a deal
Jeff, maybe your buyer forgot he gave you some money and you can sell it again /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The blue pan..../w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I noticed this as well. Kinda reminds me of the stories I've heard about Harleys leaking in the showroom before they were even sold. (AMF days) If you look in the background you can see a pedal tractor. I think the blue pan is a trailer for the NH ride-on toy. But, what is it doing under the tractor. I hope it's not catching oil. Anyway, I got that picture off the net and its hundreds of miles away from the one I'm gonna buy. I told the dealer I would sign off on it as soon as my buyer comes through.

Update: I found the number I scratched down for the buyer. He said he's coming out tomorrow.

Jerry

/ Pretty close to a deal #6  
<font color=blue>maybe your buyer forgot he gave you some money and you can sell it again</font color=blue>

That would be cool. But I'm sure he remembers. Latest word is sometime in early May. He's located about 600 miles away.

Nice of your buyer to let you know he was coming! Looks like you'll be picking up your new TC soon - that's great!

I was thinking the same thing - about the old leaking Harley's - but decided not to go there. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Jeff

/ Pretty close to a deal
Ok, sealed the deal today (Friday). Here's how it worked out. TC30 Hydro, 4x4, loader, HD bucket, Turf tires, $15,100. I know that some of you will cite prices that are better by two or three hundred bucks, but this is the market rate in my area. I worked the five dealers in my area until they could'nt go any lower. I'm happy with the price and I absolutely love the machine. There is no other tractor in this price range with 30hp and Hydro. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Saturday). I gonna rent some movies tonight because I know that I'm not gonna sleep.

See original post for pic.

Jerry

/ Pretty close to a deal #8  
Congrats on signing!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I'll bet that's a BIG sigh to have it finalized. Did you get the mid-mount pto? I don't remember what the lift capacity of the 3pt is, and I don't have a brochure yet.

I think I'm going to visit my local NH dealer and see what he could do for me with the same set up that you got. I'll let you know if you should've come to Wisconsin or if I should come to Michigan! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Pretty close to a deal
Garry, the mid pto is standard if you get the hydro. Or maybe its standard if you get the 4x4. Anyway, its standard on the setup I bought. One of the reasons I choose NH was that they are the only company that makes a rear-discharge-mid-mount-mower. I like the idea of being able to get close on the right and on the left with the clippings being shot out to the back. The NH MMM's also are the semi-floating variety which is ideal for my rough lawn.

The 3pt lift capacity is 1635 lbs just like a Boomer. This tractor has the TC33 engine and the TC29 trans and rear-end.

Let me know how you do on your deal.

Jerry

/ Pretty close to a deal #10  
Jerry,

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned after you first started this thread, I really do like the TC30 but my local dealer doesn't have any sitting around to try or even have a brochure! I may need to visit the next closest dealer to get what I need. As my research continues, I've started narrowing tractors and I think the TC30 just knocked out the JD790 because of the 3 pt lift capacity. I think the 790's is only 815 lbs. The other thing I like, as you mentioned, is that it's the only 30hp that has hydro. I definitely want that too.

I'll let you know what I find out. My ideal package would be TC30 (or whatever 30hp I select), FEL, 4wd, mid pto, hydro., rotary cutter, and post hole digger.