Price Check Price for loading tires

/ Price for loading tires #21  
Did the rears on my CK20 last year with WWF.
About 15 gals. per tire, x 8.34 lbs/gal = 125 lbs per tire.
Bought the WWF at Autozone on sale for $.95/gal., got the tire valve adapter at TSC for $10. Pumped it in with utility pump I already had, took an hour and 2 beers.

/ Price for loading tires
Andy,

Both Rimguard and Ballast Star list the tires, 14x17.5 at 22 Gal each so...

2.75 * 44 = $121. Each will have 253 additional Lbs for a total of 470Lbs.

That 470, with the 110 of wheel weights and the 700-800 ish of the cement filled ballast box should give me more than enough for heavy pallets on the loader.

Tom

/ Price for loading tires #23  
The windshield washer fluid route looks interesting.

Does anyone know if the windshield washer fluid harms the tire over time?
Do you need a tube or does it work with tubeless tires?
How full do you fill the tire?

Thanks.

/ Price for loading tires #24  
It seems the collective group here is going with some sort of liquid fill. Is there a reason not many of you are going with Foam fill? Is it largely the cost? I just sent my tires off for new tires and then get the foam fill. My logic for foam was no worries about flats. Then later on if I wear those out I can get retreads on the tire.
Jim

/ Price for loading tires #25  
tomd999 said:
Hiya,

My local dealer just quoted me $400 to $500 for loading the rears on my 2520.

Seems a bit high for 44 gallons of juice. (rim guard and ballast star both say 22 gal. per tire)

What is the current rate per gallon, installed?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
They came to my house (about 40 miles) and did mine with CaCI for $350. Rear Ag tires on John Deere 790 for very cold temps at 8600 feet.

/ Price for loading tires #27  
Thanks Bud. I did one tire once, but mixing the calcium in a bucket, and then made a funnel and small hose and gravity filled it. it was sure slow. but was free. Thanks for the link.
Al

/ Price for loading tires #28  
DetroitTom said:
The windshield washer fluid route looks interesting.

Does anyone know if the windshield washer fluid harms the tire over time?
Do you need a tube or does it work with tubeless tires?
How full do you fill the tire?

Thanks.

WWF is just diluted methanol and colorant. Not felt to harm tires at all. The only downside compared to CaCl or RimGuard is that it is not as heavy per gallon. It is actually a tad lighter than water. The difference in added weight per volume compared with CaCl is something in the ballpark of 25-30% as I recall (RimGuard and CaCl are pretty close as I recall).

/ Price for loading tires #30  
Yes you can use washer fluid/ RV fluid and it works OK. Anything salt based is not good, and you can do it yourself, get a $16 valve from a auto/farm store and add water and solution very easily, The Salt/Calcium solution is heavier but not worth the long term rust problems.