What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #1  

stumpfield

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 MT265B
TYM T223 & t273 tractors are sale right now. Great warranty and financing terms. I'm not sure it's really a great deal or not. What are the equivalent models from Kubota and John Deere? I see them advertise for about $11k and $12k for tractor and loader respectively. For about the same $$$, what can I buy from Kubota or John Deere? Thanks.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #2  
Kubota B2320(B7510), Deere 2320. Both will be around 13-14 for tractor & loader. I'd be careful with TYM... take a look at the thread on FarmTrac in the "other brands" section.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #3  
IMO skip the Tym and get a JD, MF, NH,or Kubota. The resale if you ever decide to trade will more than make up for the extra spend up front. Most other companies have some great finance rates going also.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #4  
stumpfield said:
TYM T223 & t273 tractors are sale right now. Great warranty and financing terms. I'm not sure it's really a great deal or not. What are the equivalent models from Kubota and John Deere? I see them advertise for about $11k and $12k for tractor and loader respectively. For about the same $$$, what can I buy from Kubota or John Deere? Thanks.

TYM is having a fire sale on those right now, seems odd they dropped them about $3K, but I bet it is working to move the units. In Mahindra, look at the 2415HST, but you won't buy one with a loader for $11K like TYM is doing.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD
MessickFarmEqu said:
Kubota B2320(B7510), Deere 2320. Both will be around 13-14 for tractor & loader. I'd be careful with TYM... take a look at the thread on FarmTrac in the "other brands" section.

So.... do you think they are going to be in the same boat as the FramTrac situation??? A very attractive warranty is only as good as the company being around. It's unfair that when a company bankrupt, your warranty is out of the window but you still have to make your payments.:mad:

The TYM prices are almost as cheap as a chinese tractor.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #6  
TYM makes some good machines and have made them for other tractor companies as well. Mahindra and Montana come to mind. I am not sure about the models that you are looking at but my guess is that the models that are on sale will soon be discontinued. When I was at the Tulare AG show in Feb, the TYM guy pointed out a few of the models that they had on display were no longer in production and were due to be replaced with all new designs. Just because a model has been discontinued is not a good enough reason to not get it if it meets your needs. If the price is right and the tractor meets your wants and needs, get one. If you are concerned about re-sale, then you might want to re-consider and go and spend more $$$$. Myself, I don't go along with the resale stuff, if you spend less money, of course you will get less back when you go to sell it.

Just my opinions, others will vary.;)

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #7  
MessickFarmEqu said:

Now I do not know this for a fact, but didn't Farm Trac sell tractors actually made by other companies like LG and the like? So if and when they are gone for sure, in fact the same tractor is sold under some other name?:confused:

I believe that TYM manufactures their own tractors, thus they would not be the same as Farm Tracs.

Now I might have put my foot in my mouth here,:eek: only going off of memory from things that I have read, but I don't see TYM and Farm Trac as being similar type companies.

Just my opinions on things that I have read.;)

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #8  
When I was looking for a tractor last year I looked at the TYM tractors. I talked to one dealer and he said that the tractors were pretty good but he had trouble with the company so he was dropping their line. He wasn't specific on the problems were so I cannot say. I am just reporting on what he said.:confused:

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD #9  
MtnViewRanch said:
I believe that TYM manufactures their own tractors, thus they would not be the same as Farm Tracs.

Absolutly true, my point was more along the lines of simply watching the financial state of some of these small companies. With compact sales slowing your going to see more vendors dropping out of the game. Even with TYM building their own machines, they still need to be realizing enough profit to continue running their own distribution here rather than just OEM'ing for other companies which is what really seems to be their core business. I am sure you could find their financials publicly, it would be a good read.

/ What's are the equivalent models? TYM, Kubota & JD
MtnViewRanch said:
TYM makes some good machines and have made them for other tractor companies as well. Mahindra and Montana come to mind. I am not sure about the models that you are looking at but my guess is that the models that are on sale will soon be discontinued. When I was at the Tulare AG show in Feb, the TYM guy pointed out a few of the models that they had on display were no longer in production and were due to be replaced with all new designs. Just because a model has been discontinued is not a good enough reason to not get it if it meets your needs. If the price is right and the tractor meets your wants and needs, get one. If you are concerned about re-sale, then you might want to re-consider and go and spend more $$$$. Myself, I don't go along with the resale stuff, if you spend less money, of course you will get less back when you go to sell it.

Just my opinions, others will vary.;)

I agree with you Brian. I don't believe in that resale stuff either. I just want to buy good value at the present time.

I found a dealer in Tulare that sells the TYM T273 with loader for $12k with 0% financing and 5 year warranty or a cash rebate if I pay cash for it. That sounds like great value to me. It come out to be about the price of a chinese Jinma 284 with an aftermarket loader. Comparable JD and Kubota models at least $3-4k more. I wonder if the T273 is in the same class tractor as the Jinma 284?