Need some quick opinions....Help!

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #31  
On some tractors there is a blank slot on the right hand side for the lever that would go with an optional rear hydraulic control. You can buy hydraulic top links ( since we are talking about those) for example, and you would need a lever to control how much it extended, or retracted. One possibility anyway. In this picture of a BX1850, you can see the same blank spot if I'm understanding you correctly.

Attachments

• NoLoader.JPG
    NoLoader.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 94
   / Need some quick opinions....Help!
Yup that's where it is next to the seat right side - funny they don't tell you that in the owners manual.

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #33  
I learned that here, so it just sounds like I know what I'm talking about. :D :D :D

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #34  
MILS153 said:
Dyer, retired
Yup it was the blank space to the right - I only referenced the "top-link" now that I know what it is called because the little picture by the blank space sort-of looked like the top-link. It's wierd anyway that theres a spot for a lever but nothing there. I even crawled under it last night looking for something broken off - have to ask the dealer what the heck its for at anyrate glad nothing is "missing".

Great! I'll be curious to hear what the dealer says. I got to the dealer today just for a road trip and picked up a couple of things. I've gotten into the habit of just picking up 10 shear pins every time I go to the dealer, so I did that today. I'm working on a fix that will make it easier to change out the pins when they shear. Essentially, just having a fun day. Take care. Dyer, still retired

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #35  
I looked at the BX1830 and B model Kubotas in 2004. Ended up buying a JD 4010 (18.5 hp, smallest fully commercial, full Cat 1 tractor at that time). I use it for snow removal and for tossing my huge mulch pile. Bought a back blade (only $250) to make it faster to push snow. To my mind, 16-18 hp is plenty for probably 90% of the tasks (in my case; it's 100%) one needs to do with a tractor. Just rent or hire it done if you need more oomph. Don't pay for it every day with a big machine that gobbles diesel too much and pollutes the air.

As long as you don't go into brush and very uneven ground, the BX will be fine. It (and the JD 2305/2210) has the cooling coil and fan underneath; whereas, it is in front of the radiator and cooled by the engine fan on the 4010. I probably would have ripped away the fan and possibly also the coil if the 4010's were down there.

Ralph

/ Need some quick opinions....Help!
Good points Ralph and we struggled with size/hp as it seem just a little more $$ would get you a lot more tractor. Our space constraints are what kept us in the smaller tractor market and Dyer's success with using his for snow-removal sold us. Really anxious to get a snow blower and give it a whirl but SO tired of snow more than happy to wait until next year for that. Not to mention we need to find a nice used snow blower in the meantime. Luckily we do have great contacts for the serious BIG tractor work which we still need. Have to say it’s a great feeling to accomplish something in an hour that would have taken all day without the little-tractor. Actually turned the manure pile lastnight - now that's exciting :)

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #37  
Typically, on some makes of tractors, you also see a blank slot next to the 3pt hitch control for tractors that can optionally have draft control.. etc.

soundguy

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #38  
The empty slot is for the Kubota optional (dealer installed) hydraulic rear remote(s). One or two handles will come through this slot. Your dealer can tell you about the add on valves. This kit is really quite reasonably priced. Because of some issue with the backhoe it won't work on the BX24 or I'd have it!

/ Need some quick opinions....Help! #39  
MILS153 said:
Will this work well for the following:
snow removal
manure removal
It looks like a lawnmower noticed that right away but it's small size does make it nice to maneuver.
Seems a weight box would help it a lot.
We removed some ice from the driveway and did spin the rear wheels a bit in the process.
If it wouldn't / I wouldn't have 2 BX1500s and a BX23.
Don't let it's looks and size fool you . It can do a 100 times more than a lawn mower .
You need that for loader work no matter how big a tractor might be.
Never use the FEL with out some sort of counter weight or ballist as it's offfically called.
That's one of the easiest quickest ways to flip a tractor.
Any thing will spin on ice with out chains.