BX24 Comparable Models

/ BX24 Comparable Models #1  

Bucky4

Silver Member
Tractor
'03 L3130, '06 BX24, '11 RTV1100
What's a comparable model to the Kub BX24 in green, blue, red and any other color?

/ BX24 Comparable Models #2  
Not many companies make overgrown lawnmowers with loaders that can barely lift 500lbs and backhoes with less than 2,000lbs of digging force.

For about the same price or less you can get a CK20 with specs that blow away a BX Kubota and a work station large enough so that your knees are not hitting the steering wheel while sitting on it yet you can still haul it with a 1/2 ton truck. ;)

This is not a Apples-to-Apples comparison but like I said, not many companies make SCUT's and both these machines are about the same price new around here. It all depends on what your needs are, the BX is a great mowing machine for light duty yard work. The CK20 will do mowing and has a MMM but is a little heavier. The CK20 will also perform much heavier yard work.

/ BX24 Comparable Models #3  
The direct comparisons are the jd2305 (green) the Massey GC2310 or now the GC2410 coming out soon (red). I don't think that the blue company makes a scut TLB. Their TZ line is along the same size as the BX though.

/ BX24 Comparable Models #4  
Dmace said:
Not many companies make overgrown lawnmowers with loaders that can barely lift 500lbs and.

I tend to think Kubota is conservative with their loader numbers. My BX23 spent all day moving 700# buckets of crushed rock for one of my projects.

I verified weight with 12ea 60 pound sacks of concrete in the Loader Bucket.

The only path I had from the front of the house to the back was through a 48" gate in a masonry wall... a wider tractor would not have worked

/ BX24 Comparable Models #5  
Dmace said:
Not many companies make overgrown lawnmowers with loaders that can barely lift 500lbs and backhoes with less than 2,000lbs of digging force.

For about the same price or less you can get a CK20 with specs that blow away a BX Kubota and a work station large enough so that your knees are not hitting the steering wheel while sitting on it yet you can still haul it with a 1/2 ton truck. ;) .

No fair! :p As someone who like you has owned a CK20 TLB I'd still also like to have a BX24. Lots of things it can do that the bigger CK cannot such as tread lightly in a garden or get through gates or just operate in tight spaces. Easier to trailer and store too. Bottom line, the BX is a great tool, just like the CK20. Sometimes you need a 1/2 inch wrench and sometimes a 3/4 inch wrench to do the job.

I think the real answer to the original poster's question is that only JD, Kubota and MF make roughly equivalent SCUT sized TLBs. Dmace has a good point however in that if you look at TLB muscle per dollar these SCUTs don't compare very well to the CK20, B7510 and equivalent 20 some horsepower CUT TLBs.

/ BX24 Comparable Models #6  
The raw material cost in these little tractors doesn't make up enough of the value to create a 2:1 price variance between a BX and say an L4400 which I think weighs twice as much. And while a toyota RAV4 might be smaller than a Hyundai Santa Fe at the same or lower price, most of us don't think it's a less valuable mini SUV.

On my 1.6 acre lot, I'd love to have a BX to play with. In fact, I told my 6 year old son I'd buy him one if the numbers he picked for the VA lottery win the jackpot :)

/ BX24 Comparable Models
IslandTractor said:
I think the real answer to the original poster's question is that only JD, Kubota and MF make roughly equivalent SCUT sized TLBs.

Yes, that is what I was implying. I wanted to compare apples to apples, as best as possible.

/ BX24 Comparable Models
toddler said:
On my 1.6 acre lot, I'd love to have a BX to play with. In fact, I told my 6 year old son I'd buy him one if the numbers he picked for the VA lottery win the jackpot :)

Who ya gonna buy it for, him or you?!?!?!?!? :--)

Heck, just buy two! You'll have plenty of money!

/ BX24 Comparable Models #9  
ultrarunner said:
I tend to think Kubota is conservative with their loader numbers. My BX23 spent all day moving 700# buckets of crushed rock for one of my projects.

I verified weight with 12ea 60 pound sacks of concrete in the Loader Bucket.

The only path I had from the front of the house to the back was through a 48" gate in a masonry wall... a wider tractor would not have worked

Loader lift capacity is given as the weight it can lift to full height. No doubt it can lift more high enough to enable you to lift and transport heavier than rated loads if you just need to lift a few feet off the ground.

/ BX24 Comparable Models #10  
You should be able to find and buy a MFGC2310 for 0% for 60 months, some dealers will also do 0 down. There is also an extended warranty available to cover the tractor for five years. Try before you buy!