need feedback to finalize purchase

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #1  

fsbigcountry

Tractor
L3010 W/Loader
I'm so ready to get one home I can't stand it! The wife now knows more about compact tractors tham most men, but she seems to be tired of the whole process. ( go figure) She really is a good sport! My choices are Kioti 3054 w/kioti fel, ag tires 13,950$ dealer is 60 miles away, or kubota L3010 w/kubota fel 15,100 for dt model, 15,600 for gst mod. w ag tires- dealer is 12 miles away and salesman is neighbor. I just discovered century dealers within 75 miles but have not talked to them yet. The century would have to beat the other two prices pretty good for serious consideration. My budget is very tight, with the money saved on kioti I could get my mower and box blade and have alittle left over. I really want fwd/rev option but can prob. live without gst. Cockpit on Kioti is really cramped while kubota is really comfortable and roomy. this will be my largest invest. to date and hope to make good choice I won't regret. I really value yall's input and look foward to some more info.

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #2  
Frank, I can't comment on the Kioti, but can tell you that the L3010 is a very nice and very smooth tractor. I have HST on my Kubota. It is my first HST. I also have a manual gear tractor and have put hundreds of hours on a shuttle shift tractor (comparable to the JD power reverser). I have been so impressed with the HST that I don't think I would ever get a compact without it. GST really does not interest me and if I'm not mistaken, costs more then the HST option. The L 3010 is a great little tractor, I would not mind having one on the side. 4WD is an absolute must, I would not ever consider not having a tractor without it. With a loader, the 4WD advantage is night and day. I think it is 4WD that has made the compact tractor as popular today as ever. Good luck and enjoy, Rat...

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #3  
<font color=blue>Cockpit on Kioti is really cramped while kubota is really comfortable and roomy. this will be my largest invest. to date and hope to make good choice I won't regret.</font color=blue>

I know nothing of Kioti tractors and very little about Kubota, but I think your own comment, posted above , answer part of your question.
If you have alot of work to do with your new tractor to be and if you plan on keepings this tractor for a very long time, then the comfort of your Butt and back is a major consideration. Fully understanding that budget is a concern, as it is with us all. I would look at the differance between the two machines and their cockpit comfort. That differance being approx. $1000, divide that $1000 over the term of your financing and see if the few dollars more per month isn't worth the comfort of more leg room, ease of exit and entry etc.
Remember, you may own this tractor for a very long time and that means hopefully ALOT of Enjoyable Seat Time.
Also, which tractor do you feel will bring you the best trade in or resale value down the road.

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #4  
Frank,

I echo some of Mark's comments. At 6'2" comfort was a big consideration in my selection. I liked features of the smaller Kubotas, but just couldn't get on and off easily. Finally narrowed my choice to either Kubota L3010 or JD 4310 which I just ordered. If you can squeeze the extra $, you'll probably enjoy the comfort of the Kubota. Resale is quite good. I have read good things about the Kioti, but Kubota is established. It's funny to reread this, as I am certainly no expert, but I share your drive to get the tractor! My wife shares the opinions of yours, too. BTW, we just stayed at a motel on the edge of Tyler 2 days ago during our marathon drive from the Layfayette area to Coppell to central Iowa.

It might help to list your lot size on the bio. I have 8 acres and determined that the 30-35 hp range would be plenty for our once and future needs. Good luck!

Bill

/ need feedback to finalize purchase
thanks Mark & bill I'm really leaning toward the kubota, I have 90 acres mostly wooded and I am going to leave it that way. I want to build a house and maintain a driveway and my fireroads. Probably won't mow more than 10 acres combined, but I want to be able to do all kinds of dirt work. I don't have to be in any hurry. Think the L3010 can handle it , there are a few hills but nothing steep. thanks again.

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #6  
Frank,
I would feel more than comfortable asking a L3010 to do what you listed and a whole lot more besides.
I have only owned a compact Tractor for 1 year now and have found that they will do one heck of a lot of work. When you read in these forums, the tasks and work that many of these members have accomplished and the size's of tractors they have done it with, I am always impressed with there ability's.
I personally think the L3010 would be my choice over the Kioti. and the differance in cost is. (from S. Carvers website)
Over a 48 month loan @ 6%, the extra $1000 would add around $24 more to your monthly payment. And don't forget that Kubota is offering a $1400 rebate on the L3010 until July 31
Well worth it when you sit down and think about it. JMHO

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #7  
I too was sold on the Kioti LK 3054 after reading all the specs and making some comparisons. However, after I went to the closest dealer to see one, I wasn't interested. It was very cramped and "old style" - it looked like an old lawn tractor. I was fortunate to pass the Century dealer on my way to Kioti.......my new Century 2045 (45 hp-4wd) with FEL, ind. tires, and canopy is being delivered next week. The Century has a large open deck with no gear shifts between your legs like the Kioti! I ended up paying more than I would have for the Kioti, and I ended up getting a larger one, but I think it was well worth it! They also have a 2035 (35 hp) and a 2028 (28 hp). The FEL is very simple to attach. I would definitley check them out before you decide!

http://www.amjawa.com/Century_Product_Line.htm

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #8  
Hi,
I will be purchasing a L3010 this Saturday and looked at the 4310 VERY close. JD makes an incredible machine. If you are a big guy, I am 5'10", the JD does not make that much size difference to me, it may be a very big deal to you. The advantage to the JD is that it is clearly designed for an American size person. I drove both several times and really loved the JD cockpit. The feel and view was superior-in my opinion-to Kubota. I have owed 3 JDs and was Very partial towards that brand. Big problem-too darned expensive for what you get. Reliability is also on the Kubota side. And I, once again, have a JD in the barn(and love it!)
See truly how much you discomfort you really get with the Kubota. I bet it is one heck of a lot less then you imagine. My advice would be to test drive the heck out of it. If in the end you can't fit in the machine then you should wait and pay $4000 more for the JD.
Kioti-they suck.

Buster

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #9  
If you don't like the kioti dk series tractors,you won't like the kubota L3010.
The deck area and controls are nearly identical!!

/ need feedback to finalize purchase #10  
fsbigcountry, unless you must have a hydro, check out the Kioti DK 35. I'm 6ft 2 In tall and have no problem with the comfort level of this tractor. Also, when comparing specs and prices I got more tractor and was able to buy a tiller and finish mower with the money i saved. Good luck in your search!