Any CUT's with full frames ?

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #11  
MikePA said:
I guess the 8N was so successful by using smoke and mirrors. Look, no frame AND a loader.

a107718.jpg

and a 9N. No frame!

a105714.jpg

How did we ever survive? :confused:

Those Ford engineers. What idiots.

Yeah, my 1963 ford 4140 HD industrial has a full factory frame. When I restored it there was evidence of 4 separate sequential prior frame repairs on the "good" side and 3x that much on the "bad" side. I added about 15 pounds of plate and over 20 POUNDS of weld wire filling cracks.

I also called the ford engineers idiots - but I wasn't saying it in a nice way! The frame is only 1/4" C channel. Full boxed and thicker with cross bracing is needed with a hoe. Oh, both the transmission casing and the differential casing were cracked in so many numerous locations that they were both replaced.

Did I mention that I also added a few expletives deleted prior to the "idiots"?

jb

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #12  
Look at TLB industrial models.... example.. case 580L.. etc.. lots of examples of industrial TLB's

soundguy

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #13  
Man , if all CUT'S were built like that 8N with the full "arched bridge" loader frame going from the front all the way to to the rear axle with a riser in the middle there would be no more troubles . All the tractor has to do is carry it and supply the oil , good find . Now i wonder if the "proof positive" claim that the other thread about simillar breakages was in fact false and the poster "had an axe to grind" has been substantiated yet ? It looks like the Kubota may be a good buy for those wanting a loader and back hoe package as those silly , extravagant Japanese engineers have fitted a neadless full subframe to this tractor , i wonder what they were thinking of . Now all you have to do is find a dealer that wont give you a snowjob just to make a sale .

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #14  
Slackdaddy said:
Once You add a FEL and a backhoe, you end up with a pieced together half ***** frame, and the backhoe install locks like a major after thought.

So do any CUT's come from the factory (designed ground up) with a full frame ? ready for a FEL and backhoe that was designed for it ?

Thanks,

Slack

We have a 20HP JCB mini CX TLB, it is a full frame. Nice little rig, but the backhoe is permanent. It does look hard to break.

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #15  
Iron Horse said:
Man , if all CUT'S were built like that 8N with the full "arched bridge" loader frame going from the front all the way to to the rear axle with a riser in the middle there would be no more troubles . All the tractor has to do is carry it and supply the oil , good find . Now i wonder if the "proof positive" claim that the other thread about simillar breakages was in fact false and the poster "had an axe to grind" has been substantiated yet ? It looks like the Kubota may be a good buy for those wanting a loader and back hoe package as those silly , extravagant Japanese engineers have fitted a neadless full subframe to this tractor , i wonder what they were thinking of . Now all you have to do is find a dealer that wont give you a snowjob just to make a sale .

How about a couple of Chris's tractors with no frames and one arm loaders then. Here is one of them

68044d1168618689-cumulative-update-ford-850-tonight-660whay.jpg

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #17  
Iron Horse said:
OK...you posted an answer of some type . What was the question ?

Iron Horse said:
From a previous thread on this issue the ones that will jump on you for asking that question are the same ones selling those tractors . They are biased to the max and will tell you a frame is not required .

I was only showing you that "a frame is not required" for loader use and has been done like this for years. What could be harder on a tractor then bolting a arm on just one side of a tractor with no frame. Since the other thread posters kept saying the 7308 was a poor design because it allowed the arms to twist and it should have been tied to the other side.

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #18  
Thanks for clearing that up . But the main comment on the loaders was that they need to be tied to the rear axle to give for and aft support not side to side .

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #19  
Iron Horse said:
Thanks for clearing that up . But the main comment on the loaders was that they need to be tied to the rear axle to give for and aft support not side to side .

While I agree if you are using a loader for industrial purposes then you will want a full frame system. But for general loader work a frame is not required unless the tractor was designed for it. These old tractors as well as the untold number of compacts that have loaders mounted to the block have proven that. However, most of the tractors that split in half or break like Kris's are a result of a backhoe. Kris's is the exception but just one freak accident shouldn't make people think these tractors are designed wrong.

I have a 7308 loader on my 1920 and use it as hard as I can on my farm from digging clay/shale, rocks, gravel or loading round bales double stacked on my trailer. I have not had any issues with this loader or loader mounting design.

I also have a 32LA loader on my TN65 which I abuse the heck out of doing all the things I do with the 1920 as well as pushing over trees, pushing 10 wheel dump trucks out of the mud and tractor trailers and loading and unloading palleted materials including full pallets of shingles. It is mounted directly to the block with no frame what so ever.

So if someone needs an industrial tractor loader then buy one but they shouldn't expect the OEM's to change the design because of a freak accident.

I hope that makes sense

/ Any CUT's with full frames ? #20  
Slackdaddy said:
So do any CUT's come from the factory (designed ground up) with a full frame ? ready for a FEL and backhoe that was designed for it ?

Well, my JD955s had a full frame. The 33hp engine was mounted on
four rubber mounts and the loader attached ONLY to the frame. In the
back, the axle/diff/PTO casting was bolted to this same box-section
frame. It made engine removal very easy....no splitting necessary.

I did not have the JD7 backhoe, which can be mounted with factory
brackets. My own hoe I mounted with a subframe attached to the MMM
ears on the frame and the axle casting at the rear.

The photo shows the tractor with engine removed.

Attachments

• JD955_naked.jpg
    JD955_naked.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 134