Buying a tractor in Northern Maine

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #1  

kferris

Anybody have any good experience on your purchase in Northern Maine? Looking at Kubota/New Holland/Mahindra. So far the Mahindra is coming in more expensive.

Price?

After sale customer service?

Ability to service your Machine?

Pricing?

Checking prices over the phone from here to states farther south we are pretty expensiveup here.

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #2  
Not really northern but i have been very happy with union farm equiptment,
they tell it like it is, they sell Kubota, new holland, i personally have a kubota and love it. I had them service my machine last year overall very happy
HW:D

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine
I defintly agree. I visited them last year. All of the sales people were tied up so one of the owners spent over 45 minutes with me thoroughly showing meall the tactors. A little worried about if something happens up here in Presque Isle and the expense of transporting or being put on the back burner by the local guy.

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #4  
kferris,

It's been a while since I was up in Presque Isle, but had good experience with the John Deere dealer in town. I have friends that have dealt with the Houlton Dealership for John Deere also and have had good experiences. Not sure anymore who the Kubota dealers are up that way. I guess I'm not much help. Dyer, retired

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #5  
kferris said:
I defintly agree. I visited them last year. All of the sales people were tied up so one of the owners spent over 45 minutes with me thoroughly showing meall the tactors. A little worried about if something happens up here in Presque Isle and the expense of transporting or being put on the back burner by the local guy.

kferris,

I guess I can be a little more helpful on the tractor issue. I own a BX 1800 Kubota and have had very few problems since 2003 that required Dealership shop work. An awful lot of the maintenance stuff can easily be done by the owner with very little mechanical ability...like me. Depending on what you intend to use it for, I think you'll find on any of the brands you listed that you'll have very few problems with a new tractor. This is a guess, but I think that on warranty work, the dealer doing the work is reimbursed by the factory at the same rate as anywhere else in the State, so where you bought your tractor should not be a big concern. My second thought is that if a particular dealer anywhere wants to compete, he or she can be competitive with their prices. I don't think that there is a whole of additional cost to bring Kubota tractors to Presque Isle, over Bangor, Augusta, etc......although I know that's what they try to sell you. My experience with the Harley Dealer in Caribou years ago was probably what you are experiencing a little of, "If you don't buy it from me, the next guy will, because I am about the only game in town."

I would also agree with "highway worker" on the Union Farm Equipment being very good to deal with, as I guess your experience was too. Hammond Tractor down in Fairfield and just up the street from Union Farm equipment is also very good to deal with. I had a very minor problem with a lower lift bar tensioning chain that I took up to Hammond in Fairfield to get a new one. They would have had to order it, but a quick weld would have fixed the problem and I needed the item right away...big storm was coming. The shop manager took a guy off a brand new Kubota assembly and put him on the welding job of mine, it took him 20 minutes, he took pride in the finished product and threw some Kubota gray paint on it to boot.....and then they refused to take any money for the work. It's that kind of response to a very minor customer issue that will keep me going back to Hammond.

Hope that was a little more helpful. Dyer, retired

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #6  
Hi folks, any new recommendations for Aroostook county dealers?

/ Buying a tractor in Northern Maine #7  
Hi folks, any new recommendations for Aroostook county dealers?

Harry's motor sports in Presque Isle is a good Kubota dealer and my BIL has been happy with the Kioti dealer in Caribou.