Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
I am considering getting rid of my open station 1994 JD 5300 for either cab JX95 or JD 5420 or Kubota M9000. I want a little more hp with cab but stay in the larger utility tractor category. All are MFWD. Not familar with JX line. Farmer has 2007 Jx95 for sale with 87 hours. Has 2 of them but wants to get a bigger tractor for one of them. Has cab, front and rear wts, 3 rear hydraulics, radio, mirrors for $33,000 but no FEL. Local dealer has new 2007 M9000 with 120 hour, FEL, cab and 2 rear remotes for $45,000. Looking for some guidance. My preference is JD or CNH because many more dealers in my area and much more common brands.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #2  
Since you have a JD you probably know the dealership. Do you like dealing with them?

I would visit the dealerships for each one you're thinking about, maybe drive a few. I think if I was you I would end up leaning heavily toward the JD since the controls and such will be familiar. Give the others a chance to explain why you should buy theirs instead of the JD. Then go look at the used Jx again and see if the savings are worth it, but don't forget to figure in the cost of the loader.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #3  
The JX 95 sounds like it is discounted quite a bit. Find out what you can get a FEL for and it will make it easier to make an apples to apples comparison. I have a neighbor with one and I have not ever heard of him having any complaints about it.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000
Builder:
The Kubota 9540 can't be sold in my state because it hasn't been officially tested at the Nebr research lab yet. Only a few larger kubotas have been tested and the m9000 is one of them.

da teacha:
I have good dealers in both JD and Case-IH in my area. Dealer is not a concern. Is use both of them already.

chh:
The JX is a 2007 used machine owned by farmer. He bought 2 of them last year but wants to sell one. He wants a larger tractor to pull 1500-2000 gal sprayer. Sprayer is probably too much wt for the JX95. He already has nearly an additional 1000 lbs in front wt and 600 lbs in rear wt added. Loader is sort of a priority with me since. I currently use my JD 5300 to pull out stuck irrigation pivots. Sometimes I need the loader just to push the tractor out. The larger tires of the JX maybe able to do it on it's own. His price of 33.5K seems to be good considering the very low hours and still under warranty. I did price one on the Case website with similar options and the price was 45.5K. He hinted that he would probably go lower. I am having a dealer price a new JX and loader separately. MSRP for loader on the JX was about 7K.:eek:

Is the JD 5525/5625 comparable to the Case-IH JX95? It seems to be on paper with 3 pt lift and tire size in favor of the JX. Comparing MRSP to each other and the JX seems to be considerably cheaper.

I like the kub m9000, but I think resale in my farm country will be difficult. Almost no larger Kubota tractors in my state. I am also concerned that the kub weighs 1000 lbs less than the other 2. Why? I know weight isn't everything, but that is considerable difference.

Anything bad about the JX95? Never operated one. JX has a mechanical shuttle lever. I assume one has to clutch and then move shuttle lever to go into reverse? JD has hydraulic shuttle.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #6  
7 is about right for a FEL of that size the last time I checked. $40 grand for a tractor that size with the loader would be a pretty good buy.IMO I gave a little more than that for my MF 596 new and the JX 95 has quite a few more features than the utilitarian MF.

Got quote from dealer today for new 2008 JX95 cab, weights, 3 rear hydraulics, 540/1000 pto. 12 spd transmission, 18.4x34 rear and 13.6x24 front tires, and radio. $36,700. Same set up as the for sale tractor. LX 730 loader with skid steer attachment for $5400. LX 730 loader with skid steer attachment and self leveling for $6900.
Case-IH is going to add another 3% shipping surcharge unless ordered before the end of month. (thanks to increasing fuel prices)

I am actually surprised that one can buy this much tractor with FEL for that price. I think the farmer needs to come down some more or am I wrong?

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #8  
The farmers tractor is already close to $4k cheaper then new and doesn't even have a hundred hours yet. It is a decent price already and if you can get him down any more you are that much further ahead.

I will say this, used equipment prices are high now. If you are going to buy one do it soon as I don't see prices dropping anytime soon.

Are you paying cash or financing? If financing you will want to compare new finance rates compared to used. It might work out to be a smarter choice to buy new if the interest rates are favorable.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #9  
On the Case IH Machinebuilder site, MSRP on the tractor equipped as the private owner's machine is $45,459. $33,000 is $12,459 or about 27.4% off list. The new tractor, assuming you have included the weights as well as the other accessories, is $8759 or about 19.3% off list. Buying the used tractor and adding the non-self leveling loader is only $1700 over the cost of the new tractor alone. You could probably add a Bush Hog or other aftermarket loader and get a better price. I'd go used, to me it seems like a good price, hardly broken in and not likely to get it any lower. It's your money though, so go with what you feel is the best deal.

More confused than ever. Talked to a couple of other case-ih dealers. Two other dealers said they don't order the JX95 or JX80. They don't like that it is made in Turkey. Implied they question its reliability/construction. Said they have never sold any. They prefer the JX110U made in Italy or step up to the Maxxum 110. the JX110U is not priced much higher than the JX95. The Maxxum 110 is getting into the extra large utility tractor size.

Case-IH needs to get control of their product line. Just way too many models and series available, especially since the blends with New Holland. Most also sell the McCormick or Farmall line. It seems rediculous. Salesman says he can't even keep up with them all. Case-ih line includes the DX, JX, JXC, JXU, Maxxum, Puma, Magnum, Steiger and Quadratrac series. Make 3-5 models in each series , some add an additional "Pro" (Maxuum 110 Pro) on top of that.