your suggestions?

/ your suggestions? #1  

geoffburnham

I currently have a B1750 in great shape and works perfectly.. my problem is this: I want to attach a backhoe. My understanding is that neither Kubota or any of the aftermarket companies make a undercarriage mount for a this unit. I have been told by the guy who sold me this tractor that he can put a Woods backhoe on the 3Pt hitch and it would work just fine.. on the other hand, I have also been told that doing so stresses the frame of the tractor beyond what it was intended to do and that it could crack the frame.. my needs for a backhoe are not great.. i am not yanking up trees but more likely digging trenches or holes .. my question is should I sell what I have ( if so any ideas on price?) My current unit is about 1999, has a hydrostatic transmission, and front end loader. Everything is in perfect shape including most of the paint. Would you recommend I buy something else or go ahead and put a backhoe on my 3PT ? Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks for your time..

I know I can rent something for the occasional use I might have but if you are the kind of person who reads these discussion groups, I expect you understand that I am trying to justify buying a NEW TOY!!!...:)

geoff

/ your suggestions? #2  
if.. and i mean IF you use a 3pt backhoe.. you have to be carefull.. no snatching or prying or breaking out.. just dig in 'dirt'... no rock picking.. etc.. .. in other words .. 3pt hoe's are much more limited in capability than a subframe mounted hoe.. IF you want to have a happy healthy tractor.

soundguy

/ your suggestions? #3  
Obviously, there are quite a number of 3-point hoes on the market and many are used with no problem, if you're careful, as Soundguy said. But, personally, I'd probably never be comfortable using one for fear I'd damage the tractor, so . . . if I could afford it, I'd sell the current rig and buy one made for a backhoe. If I couldn't afford to do that . . . I really don't know whether I'd chance the 3-point hoe or just rent one when needed.:rolleyes: