Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #1  

standfas

Tractor
Yanmar YM220
Looking for opinions on Mahindra 15 series (1815, 2015) vs. Kubota BX series
(1850, 2350) vs. Massey GC series (2300, 2400). It appears the Mahindra is a heavier built, solid tractor based on weights and lifting capacity of the FEL. It also appears I can get a better price on the Mahindra. I'm not familiar with Mahindra as a brand and am wondering how they fare quality-wise agianst the other two listed.

Right now I have a Kubota L2250 that I use for rough cutting with 5ft rotary. I am looking for a compact or SCUT for finish mowing with a FEL.

I'll be mowing approx 3 acres with lots of trees.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #2  
I'm not sure the Mahindra 2015 falls in the scut category. The new Kubota B 2320 would be a better comparison to the 2015. All 3 are good brands, I'm not familiar with the SCUT's though.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #3  
I don't know that a heavy tractor should be considered a mowing tractor unless you have the right kind of ground that isn't affected by moisture.

The kubota unit is an updated unit coming from when the sub cuts made a mark in the world. They have been at it the longest and have dealers in most all areas for service and parts. The BX's are built by Kubota and are not built in a factory under contract for another manufacturer that might not be there tommorrow.

Just my side from a dealer who has seen to many companies have divorces and caught in the middle between my customers.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #4  
standfas said:
Looking for opinions on Mahindra 15 series (1815, 2015) vs. Kubota BX series
(1850, 2350) vs. Massey GC series (2300, 2400). It appears the Mahindra is a heavier built, solid tractor based on weights and lifting capacity of the FEL. It also appears I can get a better price on the Mahindra. I'm not familiar with Mahindra as a brand and am wondering how they fare quality-wise agianst the other two listed.

Right now I have a Kubota L2250 that I use for rough cutting with 5ft rotary. I am looking for a compact or SCUT for finish mowing with a FEL.

I'll be mowing approx 3 acres with lots of trees.

Yeah its not really a fair comparison. I would also be surprised if you could get the Mahindra cheaper. That being said if you like the Mahindra and it suits your needs I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #5  
A lighter tractor is more suited for mowing due to possible compaction of the soil. I believe the Mahindras to be a heavier tractor based on relative frame sizes. Jay

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #6  
I have the mf 2300 and I own a 1.5 acre lot ( i know over kill) and also use it with the front mounted snow blower. It mowes great, better than my old j/d rider, and on a side note the Fel paid for it self this winter when I was away on vacation in Fla and we got a storm here in NH and my driveway was 2"-3" of ice and I spent 2 hrs chipping away and cleaned a 140' driveway with a hill clean of ice. that lil tractor has really impressed me alot. darn thing tosses snow 50' I can mow the lawn in about 20 mins counting the weed wacking I need to do plus the small amount of push mowing where the big sub compact cant get to.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT
I found a BX2350 with FEL and 60" mmm for $11000. Tractor has less than 50hrs. This feels like a decent price. Agree or disagree?

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #8  
I'm not really up on BX pricing... but I will say that with 42 month 0% financing buying new might be the way to go.

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT #9  
I have a MF GC 2310 (2300 + BH) and it makes a fine mowing machine. the quality of cut is fantastic, will mow just about anything. Surpasses the cut I got from my fairly new JD lawn tractor by far, but that's not fair (apples vs. oranges). The Kub and the MF compare pretty well, as far as the Mahindra its a little bigger I think, the other question is how well it cuts and how easy it is to get MMM off and on (yes it made a difference to me, the Kub and MF are easy).

/ Mahin. vs. Kubota vs. Massey SCUT
Glad to hear the Masseys cut so well. Any comments on the Kub's cutting prowess?

I think the Mahindra may be too big for my needs. (Is there such a thing?:) )