JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #21  
cerescobra said:
54" frame mounted QA blade with hydraulic controls = $1200-$1254 (depending on dealer). One dealer has also offered a 60" boom mounted Frontier blade with hyd. control for $1549 as an option to the frame mounted blade.

I'm learning here too... sounds like they are probably fitting up one of their garden tractor blades to a compact. Kubota does have this option on the BX's, but does not do it on the B's.

Personaly, I'd stay away from a loader mount blade on this size machine, its great on a larger tractor, but I just don't see it being ideal on a small compact.

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #22  
Put a blade on the 3PH and save money and consternation. I have the JD 54" blade on my garden tractor. It works great. But, it would be too small for the 2520, I would think. If you are doing this for snow, get a front mount blower instead.

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #23  
The 47" front mounted snowblower that is available is from their garden tractor line too. The 2520 is 53" or more wide, and I would view that as a problem although many don't. One guy here added wings to the snowblower so that it would be wider than his tractor. ( see attached photo) I guess that is working out well for him. (Hope he doesn't mind if I repost his photo)

Attachments

• winter_setup_2.JPG
    winter_setup_2.JPG
    498.4 KB · Views: 1,507
   / JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800
And the front mounted snowblower sounds like mucho dinero, although I haven't priced one. As much as I like the 2520, this issue might end up moving me to Orange. Time will tell.

By the way, I asked for a quote from a third local Green dealer and he sent me a quote with everything at MSRP. Doesn't sound like he's very hungry!

Chuck

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #25  
Email him back with an offer that's a couple hundred less than your other best offer and see what he says. :)

As to snow throwers, if you want the blade for snow, then a rear blower will cost about the same and you get to leave on the FEL. That's what I did in VT.

Todd

The Orange dealer says he's given me his best prices using products that he has in stock, with no need to order anything from the outside. I also think he's trying to make a sale before the end of the month. That will be tough because I've been visiting my daughter in Iowa and will leave on Saturday for a business trip overseas. Won't return until late next week. It will be interesting to see if his deal stays the same, especially if he sells one of the models I'm interested in before I return.

An outstate Green dealer is working this also. He's not that far away, but his deal so far is no better than the locals and I'd strongly prefer to buy locally.

I want to thoroughly think through my needs for snow removal. I thought a front blade would be an economical snow removal tool. But with the issues with the front blades and if a rear snowblower is no more money than a front blade, I'll have to consider going that way. My neighbor has a rear blade that he says I can borrow any time. That might provide the best flexibility for all my needs.

Chuck

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #27  
Chuck,

I am going through the same process as you are right now. I think it is a shame that Deere brought such a nice machine to market with "issues". I find both the Kubota 2630/3030 machine and the Massey 1528 and 1531 to be more tractor than the Deere, especially the Ferguson. It is the same size as the Kubota and weighs about 500 pounds more with twice the front axle diameter of the Deere. I am told that the Massey mid-mount mower does a nice job and there is a pic of a 1531 with rear mower and front blower and loader that is sweet. I guess my point is that both the Kub and Massey (along with the Allis version) offer a machine with excellent 3ph designs, loaders with larger pistons that actually fit the tractor, better original seating and mid-mount mowers and front attachments that not only fit the tractors, but seem to have few complaints on this forum. I believe that both Massey and Kub use the same Canadian MFG for their attachments.

As for Deere, this is a nice machine that needs some work but I may still buy one. I like their front blower. I dislike that it is about 6" too narrow for the tractor and the resulting driveleine issues that my local dealer says go away if the "align" all the universal joints in the driveline. The 200 CX loader is a nice design and TOTALLY sweet to attach and remove, including the bucket. Pistons are kinda small compared to the MF loader and the Kub. Loader control is nice. Made in China castings burn my ***. I would not buy one without the X-series S/E seat that adds about another 550.00 to the tag. The mid mower lift kit I last saw required a 2" hole drilled through the top of the left fender and some piano wire connected to a dial on the ROPS. What's wrong with the 2320 style dial setup? I would use some of the leftover piano wire on the guy who used a hole saw on the fender of my 18K tractor. The front attachments are all carryovers from the X700 series L&G tractors which accounts for their being less expensive. Does anyone know if a rear HYD outlet kit and OEM factory installed fender control is even avail?

My point here is that this is a nice little tractor and its a shame that Deere cut some corners on everything but the price. The upcoming 3PH retrofit kit should help and hopefully Deere will tinker just a little with the 2720 and some of the implements to make a nice tractor a fantastic tractor.

Sugarloaf,

I've looked at the Massey tractors and like them alot, but they seemed to be about $2K more price than the Deere or Kubota options. Maybe I just don't have a competitive dealer around. I also have hopes that a 2720 will make needed improvements to a great tractor, of course they will no doubt come with additional cost, especially since they are upping the HP.

Chuck

I've talked with both the green and orange dealers and have come up with another tractor snow removal option. In the case of the Kubota, I can get a rear mounted 60" Meteor snowblower for $1500. That's $200 less than the boom mounted Curtis blade. The dealer personally endorses this strategy, saying he uses the FEL to drag snow away from his garage and barn, then blows it into the yard with the blower. I'm not wild about working to the rear of the tractor, but my driveway is about 75-100 yards long, so it's probably manageable. Not a bad option. The JD dealer has the same blower and quoted $1700 for it. He's confirming that it will work with the 2520.

Now, "thinking outside the box", I'm also planning to buy a work truck and could install a snow plow on it. I haven't priced the plow systems, but this could be a better option for snow removal. Any thoughts and experiences on this?

Chuck

/ JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800 #30  
My vote: tractor not truck.

A lot of good tractor options out there. Some will even allow you to put that snow blower on the front. Surprised that Massey is priced higher. It you're price limited why not consider Mahindra, Kioti, and TYM. They will give you better value. For example, some TYM T273s with QA loaders are being sold for little over $10K right now. It's a very nicely made and sized tractor. I have a Kioti CK25. It's a brute of a workhorse and is very affordable. I bought from a dealer over 200 miles away to save money.