Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40

/ Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #11  
IslandTractor said:
I just cannot see that there is such a great difference in weight. We now that the base Kioti tractor weighs about 700lbs more than the base Case. The Kioti KB2385 weighs about 1000lbs. I cannot find the weight of the KL401 but it must be between 600-800lbs.

According to BTI the full KL401 loader package weighs 1297lbs.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1347645-post7.html

/ Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #12  
mark.r said:
According to BTI the full KL401 loader package weighs 1297lbs.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1347645-post7.html

Thanks. I couldn't find that info on the Kioti website. That does seem awfully beefy considering that the KB2385 weighs in at 1000lbs or so. I wonder if that is the shipping weight.

Assuming 1300lbs is correct for the KL401 then the total for the DK40se TLB would be up to about 6600lbs or about 1200lbs more than the Case TLB. Still seems high to me.:confused:

/ Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #13  
I recently went through a very similar decision. I was comparing the New Holland T2320 (TC45DA) to the Kioti DK45 Hydro. In the end, I bought the New Holland, mainly due to dealer location. The KL401 outperforms the Case/NH loader, the Kioti was a better price, I liked the operator platform better, and it does have a lever in back to raise and lower the 3-pt arms, while you are working on your implements. There is only one Kioti dealer within 200 miles of me, and the New Holland dealer is within 8 miles. I had owned a New Holland TC30 before purchasing this tractor, and it performed perfectly during the time I owned it. In the end, the dealer and location was the deciding factor, which is common advice. Both of the tractors you are looking at are going to be great tractors, so in the end, I would suggest going with the dealer that you like best, and is close to you.

/ Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #14  
   / Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #15  
This guy might think a bit differently.

That is the 7308 loader I believe and doesn't attach to a subframe like the newer models. I think it uses the engine block for much of its support. Not a frame issue or an issue on any current models.

/ Case DX-40 VS Kioti DK-40 #16  
IXLR8 said:

Well, that's one nasty story, but it's the only one I've heard, and I can't say there isn't a similar one for Kioti. (Not to mention the Kioti loader frames cracking on some models, but that's another issue....)

Good dealers are good to have. Bad dealers could make life unpleasant. If you can't find a good dealer, buy used, preferably direct from prior owner. I was set on getting a new tractor, and got one, but after using it a year I realize I would have been fine getting used and maybe would have sprung for something nice like a cab if I had done so. But I digress...