Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR

/ Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR #1  

valleydweller1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
Hi all,

I just purchased a Kubota B7510 with R4 tires and a rear-mount field mower. I purchased the mower for my field, but my backyard had a growth spurt and had to be mowed with the tractor. To my pleasant surprise, the tractor didn't tear up the lawn.

I was considering buying a Snapper ZTR that's brand-new but a few model years old for $2679. Now I'm considering a mid-mount deck for the Kubota, the 54" is $2,500 and the 60" is $2,700. The price basically a wash. The ZTR has a mow width of either 48 or 54" (I can't remember which).

So, ZTR or mower deck?

Greg

/ Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR #2  
I would say for the same price I would go with the ZTR. It will be faster once you get used to it and it won't tie your tractor up by having the mower deck on it.

Steve

/ Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR #3  
I agree with Steve Miller. I have a 7510 with a 60" Belly Mower and it does a fine job mowing the yard, but it would be nice to have a seperate machine for strictly mowing. Those ZTR's are pretty versatile mowers too!

BD

/ Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR
The decision may have already been made for me. I found a used Dixon only a few miles from my house for a screaming low price. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, I'll post pics if I pick it up.

Greg

/ Kubota B7510 mower deck vs. ZTR
valleydweller1 said:
The decision may have already been made for me. I found a used Dixon only a few miles from my house for a screaming low price. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, I'll post pics if I pick it up.

Greg

Here it is, a 1988 Dixon 427 ZTR, owned by an older gentleman who just wanted to get rid of it and give the money to his pastor's son for college. All original paperwork was included, it also came with a new battery, a new discharge chute for use without the bagger and a belt-driven blower/bagger attachment. It's missing a couple of bolts for the bagger and the belt for the blower. Starts, runs and drives great.

All for only $750 delivered.

Greg

Dixon1.jpg

Dixon2.jpg

Dixon3.jpg