Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Re: Help with choosing size of tractor

Honestly I am much more familiar with the Kioti line. I've seen the 4110 but never used it. Send a PM to one of the Mahindra dealers on TBN. I'm sure they will help.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

The 4110 has wider tires and a lot of customers actually choose the 4110 over the 3510 because of the better floatation. Can't beat that price on the 4110.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Silver Member

There are ways to load logs onto trailers with small tractors like looping a chain over the log, hitching it to the trailer and rolling the log up two beams by pulling the chain across the trailer. It's easy on the tractor and pretty safe. However, if you're intending to pick up the logs using forks mounted on a front end loader then you need a big tractor. A little 30-40 HP machine isn't going to go toting around 20" logs of any length. You're expecting too much of a tractor of that size and you're risking your neck also. Go to any sawmill and see what they pick up sawlogs with, it ain't a 40 HP tractor I can assure you. You need a LOT more tractor for what you're wanting to do.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

The original poster sent me a PM stating that he was mostly cleaning up AFTER loggers had been in an area. The first post was a bit misleading and therefore I'd imagine the "logs" he is planning to move are tops and would certainly be less than 20 inches in diameter. I don't know what loggers leave behind exactly other than slash but I'd imagine we are talking tree tops and some large branches. Those might well be cleaned up by a 20-40hp tractor/FEL with a grapple or grapple/bucket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12