Purchase Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Purchase Dilemma #41  
wvtechs said:
Let's agree that we disagree and leave it at that.
From your point of view, you are 100% correct, and I will go to bed now and dream of things in your world. Even now, before I lay me down to sleep, I envision a west virginia technician, proudly working for as little as his employer is willing to pay him.

Sweet dreams my friend. Enjoy your dream tractor.

/ Purchase Dilemma
AchingBack said:
From your point of view, you are 100% correct, and I will go to bed now and dream of things in your world...

Your sarcasm and smart remarks are totally inappropriate and have just crossed the line.

I have tried to be respectful of your opinion and state my own in return but you are obviously taking this way to personally and have little interest in a healthy debate. I saw that it had the potential of getting out of hand and even tried ending it peacefully by saying "Lets agree that we disagree and leave it at that." but that wasn't good enough for you was it? You just couldn't resist showing your general lack of maturity.

I don't know what your problem is but this is in fact the second time you have attempted to be antagonistic during the course of this thread.

Enough is enough.

/ Purchase Dilemma #43  
wvtechs said:
My experience tells me that salesman aren't experts at anything except finding ways of taking more of my money.

Personally, I would be very happy to buy direct from the manufacturer thus eliminating the middle-men and saving money in the process. I do my own wrenching so mechanics aren't even part of the equation for me.

A tractor vending machine... that would be interesting to see. Isn't sarcasm wonderful?
Look at Power Trac tractors. They are factory direct. No dealers. Great parts support. Parts arrive overnight if you want to pay extra for shipping. Usually two days. And you get to do the wrenching anytime you want. The real prices are listed on their website for all to see. I really enjoy mine. Check them out.

/ Purchase Dilemma #44  
To publish or not publish Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP); that is the question. Some say there are reasons to not do so, and the auto industry didn't do it until they were forced to do so by the government. I've a fair amount of experience with Recreational Vehicles (RVs). Some manufacturers post MSRP on their websites, some include stickers for the units, and some do not. I suppose there's nothing wrong with buying products with no MSRP as long as you are aware of the fact that the dealer can charge anything he wishes, so you'd better check with more than one dealer before buying. I visited one RV manufacturer's plant in Oregon several years ago when I thought I might be interested in buying one of their motorhomes. Even being at the plant in person, they would tell me absolutely nothing about prices; only to contact a dealer.

Well, I bought another brand (one that does publish their MSRP). And sure enough, I happened to be at a dealer in Texas a couple of years later and they had one of the Oregon made motorhomes in for repairs and were having a problem with the electrical system. Now the problem with the electrical system would have been annoying to anyone, but the worst part was that the owners said they had paid $120k for the unit, only to discover that if they had gone to a different dealer, they could have bought it for $80k.

Personal choice is a great idea. You can shop where you want, and so can I. When I shop ads in the newspaper or on the Internet, I never even bother with an ad that doesn't include a price. But unfortunately, I did not see any published MSRP when I bought my Kubotas, either, so what I did was visited four different Kubota dealers before buying. I did not tell any of them what another dealer's price was, don't know what kind of profit they made, and don't care. But I know I got a "fair" deal.

/ Purchase Dilemma #45  
He's just bitter about his non-stop AchingBack. :D

wvtechs said:
Your sarcasm and smart remarks are totally inappropriate and have just crossed the line.

I have tried to be respectful of your opinion and state my own in return but you are obviously taking this way to personally and have little interest in a healthy debate. I saw that it had the potential of getting out of hand and even tried ending it peacefully by saying "Lets agree that we disagree and leave it at that." but that wasn't good enough for you was it? You just couldn't resist showing your general lack of maturity.

I don't know what your problem is but this is in fact the second time you have attempted to be antagonistic during the course of this thread.

Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.