kohler dealers

/ kohler dealers #1  

gamble71

Anyone know where I could find a kohler magnum 18 for less than 11tenty gazillion dollars all the web sites want? :eek: I'll do the honda conversion if I have to, just hard to put $1300 into a tractor I just paid $650 for around a month ago :rolleyes: Well, it'd be easier if the wife weren't harping about I told ya so :p Would appreciate the help in keeping her all american anyway :cool:

/ kohler dealers #2  
You have checked Ebay already? There are a lot of folks selling engines on there. I have a 25 Hp Kohler on my Chipper and it is a great motor.

/ kohler dealers
yeah, checked Ebay. Hoping to find something within relative driving distance with a warranty. ;)

/ kohler dealers #4  
Treemonkey1000 said:
You have checked Ebay already? There are a lot of folks selling engines on there. I have a 25 Hp Kohler on my Chipper and it is a great motor.

What did you find out was wrong with your engine?

Paul

/ kohler dealers
it's the carb... gonna rebuild it this weeks. But it's actually a KT17, and it's tired. Puffing blue smoke like it's free. So looking at it's replacement before the rod goes. :eek:

/ kohler dealers #6  
Even if you have to ship it a little ways you might save money.. If it's blowing blue smoke it is getting tired. There are guys on here that would tear that thing apart hone it out new rings and some bearings and be back in business. I am not that energetic though. Besides the little lady might be having too much fun picking on you if the rebuild didn't go well.

/ kohler dealers
yeah, shipping doesn't bother me, it's that I wanna hear/see it run before I buy it. :)

/ kohler dealers
problem with the KT17 is that it's not worth rebuilding. The magnum 18 is, from what I've read, just an all-around better engine. The honda is better than both, but hoping to find a 5-800 used engine to just swap in :cool:

/ kohler dealers #9  
You might hit up Rental shops. They have to work on the engines that are in their Rental gear a lot. They may have a motor or know of one. Also when they update their old rental equipment sometimes you can buy the old units