Tractor sales in March

/ Tractor sales in March #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
Attached is a pdf file from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers showing a large drop in tractor sales for March 2008.

Last edited:
   / Tractor sales in March #2  
From what I hear, in the larger AG sizes, there is no supply to sell right now for many popular models.

/ Tractor sales in March #3  
Based on this information, now might be a good time to get a good deal on a new tractor, if you are looking at something under 100 hp. This is good timing since today is tax day, I'm expecting to get a small refund and an economic stimulus rebate, perhaps it will go towards the down payment on a new tractor.

/ Tractor sales in March #4  
Oh I got a stimulus rebate alright, as part of the Government (We the people), I paid into the fund this year! So i contributed to the stimulus package for those that receive it. probably lway less than a penny per person though! but i am working on a deal though

/ Tractor sales in March #5  
The sales reflects the overall economy. 20% decline in tractors < 100 hp reflects the general economy, but the 28-30% increase in >100 hp reflects the good farm economy.

/ Tractor sales in March #6  
The 2wd/4wd category seems a bit odd. Aren't most less than 40 hp tractors 4wd. Same w/ less than 100 hp. Don't appear to be categorized that way? Am I missing something?

/ Tractor sales in March #7  
yekrut said:
The 2wd/4wd category seems a bit odd. Aren't most less than 40 hp tractors 4wd. Same w/ less than 100 hp. Don't appear to be categorized that way? Am I missing something?
I believe the 4WD tractors are true 4WD and the not MFWD. The true 4WD tractors are overall few in sales. Not too many farmers buy the true 4WD tractors as they are typically 300+ hp and don't work well for row crops.

/ Tractor sales in March
Sales are shown for 2wd which includes MFWD & FWA. The 4wd are the true 4wd which are generally 300hp and above and have 8 wheels or tracks (such as the JD 9000 series).

Last edited:
   / Tractor sales in March
"Articulated 4wd"

That's what I was trying to think of when I posted about the large 4wds in my prior post.:eek: :eek: