Compact Tractor sales Off 31%

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #11  
Good Afternoon CCI,
Not far from my Ct home we had a Jinma/ Farmtrac dealer who just closed his doors. Maybe twenty miles north of my Ct home we have a Massey Ferguson dealer who seems to be doing quite well, and another JD dealer about 10 miles away who also is doing well, I think alot of this has to do with what the dealers are selling and what kind of service support they offer their customers, timely etc... JMO !

Up at my Vt home we have a large Case IH / Kubota dealership that always seems to thrive no matter what, but they are totally surrounded by large farms and a number of smaller hobby farms, they pretty much cater to everyone so if one segment of their bussiness is off another segment picks up the slack !

All things being taken into consideration, with the economy being severly off pace I think everyone is going to feel the effects of the bad economy one way or another IMO ! ;)

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #12  
I spoke with a salesman at a good Kubota / Simplicity / Polaris dealers recently, and he said that they had sold almost exactly twice as many tractors so far this year as they did at this time last year. Went to an open house at another Kubota /Case dealer last week and the turnout was really good! Of course, the food was too. :D

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #13  
Yea, I am sure the bad economey is a regional thing. Gas is expensive, but beyond that I don't think anyone would think anything of it if the news people where not constantly harping on it.

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #14  
I hope that helps me on Monday whe I got for lower interest rate with Deere.

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #15  
My new package, cab tractor,fel,forks,rotary cutter,weight box,pto spreader,stereo,auxillary 12 volt up front,etc. Was well over 30 grand. Im pleased kubota gave me 3.9 for 60 months!

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #16  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Yea, I am sure the bad economey is a regional thing. Gas is expensive, but beyond that I don't think anyone would think anything of it if the news people where not constantly harping on it.

depends on how one looks at it, We just got 400 gallons of heating oil for a snappy 1450.00,, 3 years ago, the same 400 was near 700. Our electric starts at 42 cents per killowatt while Massachusetts, just 110 ft away, pays 18 cents for the same killowatt. And yes, the 8 homes on this side of the line did try to tap into Mass electric, I paid 458 this morning for diesel for my truck.. I'm on a fixed income and no one is willing to up that so, you cut back as far as one can and it still isn't enough... Selling is not an option either,, There are litterally hundreds of homes, most in the high 400 something thousand range that right now they cannot sell at mid 200 to 300 range, Banks are not lending money period.. A fe bad apples like Countrywide, that gave out a handfull of 140% value loans has made it impossible for anyone to get a loan now,.,., Regional, most likely.. it isn't pretty right now..

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #17  
CCI said:
The sky is not falling for everyone. The industry inventories are high for the sales volume. There will be some manufacturers in trouble with their cash flow. We could also have some more FarmTrac type situations coming if sales do not pickup soon. There will be some attractive deals coming from all the manufacturers.

AEM | Industry Trends - U.S. Ag Flash Reports: March 2008 Flash Report<br />U.S. Unit Retail Sales

Cough cough {Bogus} Cough Cough

I clicked on the canadian data on the site and they are UP 22% for wheeled tractors and UP 24% on under 40hp machines.

It's probably in that 90% of statistics that can be made to say anything 50% of the time when 35% of the people don't check the raw data.

jb

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #18  
I can't imagine how tractor sales could be higher with the crappy economy. One would think that would usher in the "patch & repair the old tractor" mentality until the American economy improves.

I'm lucky enough to be able to stay busy, but some of my competitiors are ready to go under or are bidding jobs so low, they are just "paying bills" with what little they make.

Buddy of mine works for a huge home builder out of Maryland. They layed-off more than 3/4 of their staff and haven't built a home in 8 months.

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #19  
One of the lawn & garden dealers in the area has just about stopped his sale and is focusing on service as that part of his business is staying busy. (Patch & repair)

/ Compact Tractor sales Off 31% #20  
lawn_king said:
My new package, cab tractor,fel,forks,rotary cutter,weight box,pto spreader,stereo,auxillary 12 volt up front,etc. Was well over 30 grand. Im pleased kubota gave me 3.9 for 60 months!

congrats on the deal. I am trying to get 0% for 48/mos. I wouldn't mind 3.9% for 60 or 72 mos.:rolleyes: