Tractor Shopping

/ Tractor Shopping
Ended up buying a 5203 with 522 loader w/standard bucket and bale spear.
The price was right and the dealer gave me the best trade value on my 3320. Tractor is basic with no frills but still easy to use and functional.

/ Tractor Shopping #12  
Blee25 said:
Ended up buying a 5203 with 522 loader w/standard bucket and bale spear.
The price was right and the dealer gave me the best trade value on my 3320. Tractor is basic with no frills but still easy to use and functional.

Good work and have fun with that new one. Please post pics!:)

/ Tractor Shopping
I will plently of pics as soon as I get the tractor. It is going to be a week or so before it is delievered.

/ Tractor Shopping #14  
Congratulations on your purchase. I bought one back in November and I am completely satisfied. Except here lately I haven't had enough seat time. My place has been too wet. I am only able to get to my place on weekends and it seems to rain either on the weekend or on Thursday or Friday before. Oh well, It won't be too long and I'll be praying for rain.

/ Tractor Shopping #15  
machmeter62 said:
Kubota builds a quality tractor with the final weight option being left to the new owner. The strenght of Kubota tractors comes from the quality of steel they use in the castings and frames; their philosophy: weight can be added, but not removed? You will find that same situation with the "B" series Kubotas, weighing less than others for lawn use, enabling one to use a bigger tractor for less damage to the lawns, but able to add weight if needed also?
You can always ad weight but you can't always take it off.

/ Tractor Shopping
LBrown59 said:
You can always ad weight but you can't always take it off.

Yes, but it cost about a dollar a pound to add wieght and in an agricultural application there is almost no reason to ever want a lighter tractor. Homeowners like lighter tractors because they don't want to leave marks in there yard and they like to trailer there tractor around. That is why in my opinion the kubota M series are often the right tractor for a homeowner with a good sized acreage that requires the horsepower for larger bush hogs and other implements but wants to be able to use it for chores around the house. On the other hand if someone is looking for a tractor to use in more ag specific ways like hay baling and handling they might want to look at a tractor that is built with more weight.

Thats why when I compared the John Deere 5203 and Kubota m5040 they both seemed to be a better at different things. Some people will find the 5203 a better fit and some will find the m5040 a better fit. Plus the 5203 was over 3k cheaper, which matters to me.