What's up with Long

/ What's up with Long #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
What\'s up with Long

I am researching a new tractor purchase, and don't want to overlook a potentially good deal. I looked at a LongAgribusiness 300 unit. They are usually described as Korean Mitsubishi's, and it is clearly badged LG (Lucky Goldstar?)

But any attempt to gather more info direct from Long leads to a trail of discontinued websites and 800 numbers, or "new site under construction" It looks as if they weren't able to keep the shiny side up on the company, but maybe I'm mistaken. Any good leads to contact them?

/ What's up with Long #2  
Re: What\'s up with Long

Hi Mike
If you are looking for LONG the bucket and loader attach. mfg.....

It is W R LONG INC
Tarboro, NC
good folks, small family business, over 25 years +
252 823 4570

they do not have website...
we have most of the items shown at -> http://carverequipment.com/wrlong_loader_attachments.htm

if you want more info.. email--> carvequip@aol.com(WR_LONG)

best wishes,
steve

/ What's up with Long #3  

Hi rockeyridge hay do a search on long tractor their are some
dealers on the net I own a landtrac 300 but don't have a web page for the company bought mine from local dealer in N.h he is who I deal with and I love my tractor so far about 100 hours on it

/ What's up with Long #4  

Hi Mike
I haven't been in touch with them in over a month but, here is the contact info that I have:
Long Agribusiness LLC
Long Mfg. Co. Inc.
111 W. Fairview St.
Tarboro, N.C. 27886
(252) 823-4151
angela_ bridgers@longagri.com.

Angela was a real help when I last talked to her. I don't know about their website. It has been under construstion for a few months now. I have a Long dealer close to me and he seems to be selling some of their tractors and replacing them regularly. Hope that this info helps you.

/ What's up with Long

They do seem like great units! I have searched high and low for the longAgribusiness LLC direct info, and only find cold leads. I am sure that the tractors are very capable, but would not feel comfortable jumping in without viable Manufacturer's support.
I don't think LG will go away...

/ What's up with Long #6  

Greetings...

I seem to recall they use Mitsubishi engines (this may or may not be the case). Here's some info from a dealer I randomly found on the Web:

http://www.melstractor.com/NewTrLong.htm
and
http://www.bobequipment.com/html/long.html

I briefly looking at one, then picked up a used Yanmar 336D. The dealer that was selling the (practically brand new) Landtrac liked the company, but the guy was trading it in for a new Kioti of the same size....

Good luck!
Couchsachraga

/ What's up with Long

Thanks! I haven't had any trouble finding dealers' sites, (google turns up tons...) I can't find a working connection to LongAgribusiness LLC themselves...

/ What's up with Long #8  

Greetings...

This is the site I *think* I checked a few months ago during my tractor search-it's being re-constructed now, but you may want to keep checking on it....

http://www.longagri.com/

Couchsachraga

/ What's up with Long #9  

I have been wondering about thier website as well. I have a Landtrac 360 DTC and have nothing but good to say about it. I have ~120 hours on mine, and have only had minor problems, all of which were self induced. I broke a hydraulic filling pushing a tree down, and have had 2 flat tires. I have done a lot of hard work with my Landtrac and it has preformed very well. They are having a open house at my local dealer, I'll ask them if they have any info on the website. They seem to be getting new tractors and parts with no problem, so it doesn't look like a company problem.