Kubota M5040 / MX5100 vs JD 5203

/ Kubota M5040 / MX5100 vs JD 5203 #21  
Just Bought the MX5100 4WD Industrial tires w/FEL. Love it so far. The price you have for it is good but you may be able to bargin down about 300 to 500.
I went with the Kubota, my final decision was the ease of detaching the FEL (JD is not as easy to take off when needed. The 0% down and 0 down payment. But that offer may not last after christmas. JD is doing away with their financing deals also.

Hope this helps

/ Kubota M5040 / MX5100 vs JD 5203 #23  
The Deere 5203 is made in India. That would mark it off my list. The Kubota is made in Japan. Flame away....

/ Kubota M5040 / MX5100 vs JD 5203 #24  
The Deere 5203 is made in India. That would mark it off my list. The Kubota is made in Japan. Flame away....

i too was skeptical about the 5003 series Deere's origin of build until i did more research. i think when one hears that these tractors are "assembled in India" one might mistake that the are being outsourced to another company to be built. that is not the case at all. the tractors are built by John Deere at a John Deere plant to John Deere specifications by John Deere workers. the only part on the entire tractor that i can find that isn't made by John Deere is the front axles. the MFWD axles are made by Dana and the 2wd models are made by Carraro. the 5025 series axles are made by the same people as well. the engine in these tractors are assembled at a John Deere plant in Mexico. the 2.9L has been around for years and has proven to be a reliable engine for Deere. i recently bought a 2008 JD 5203 MFWD and have been beyond pleased with the tractor. i like to think i have a keen eye for quality, and this tractor is very well built from what i can tell. i havent had a bit of trouble with mine and i can honestly say that this tractor has worked ever since the day it was delivered to my farm. many hay farmers in my area are also using these tractors so that in itself told me that they must be reliable. doing a quick search on here and youll be hard pressed to find an owner of a 5003 series tractor that has been dissapointed with its performance. the few gripes about these tractors were the lack of 4WD and colar shift transmission, but Deere answered those by offering MFWD and also syncreverser and syncshuttle transmissions, as well as a rear scv standard. i cant speak much on the Kubota in this class, but i did go look at one and while its a very nice tractor with a few more features that the JD lacks, it just wasnt the tractor for me.

/ Kubota M5040 / MX5100 vs JD 5203 #25  
Like RollingFarms said, I have a 2008 5103 2wd and have loved it since I got it. I also did my research on the tractor before buying and pretty much answered the same questions. I expect to pass this tractor down to my grandson some day.