Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #1  

Michael R.

I am new to this forum, and I hope that you can assist. I'm considering a purchase and, based upon my needs, the salesman at the dealership is showing me two tractors to consider; New Holland TT75A 4-w/d with loader and a Kubota M7040 4-w/d with loader. Both are new at the dealer. The prices are as follows:

New Holland TT75A 4-w/d with loader:
List price: $28,627
discount: $2,727
Sale: $25,900
4.9% interest for 48 months

Kubota M7040 4-w/d with loader:
List price: $34,891
discount: $5,991
Sale: $28,900
2.9% interest for 48 months

Which is the better tractor, and which is the better deal?
Is this a great deal? Or, just a typical spring sale?

The Kubota looks to be a little bigger and a little more "solid." In addition it has a 4-cylinder engine. The New Holland has a 3-cylinder engine.

It would be used for general small farm work (mowing, drilling fence posts, moving gravel and soil...).

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #2  
The TT75A has a 4 cyl. engine. TT75A weight is 5189 lbs., M7040 is 4608.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A
I must have misunderstood the dealer this afternoon in regard to engine cylinders. What prompted me to start looking was a close-out deal on a Farmtrac 665 with loader. I wanted to evaluate other brands in a similar category prior to making my decision. Turns out the New Holland price is the same as the Farmtrac 665. So, I'm now deciding between the Kubota and the New Holland. If I buy one of these two tractors, I plan to keep it for the next 25-30 years (if not longer). Any thoughts on which of the two you would choose?

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #4  
Just make sure you line up a parts supply for the Farmtrac if you go that route. Farmtrac is no longer and parts availablity is going to be a question market on some models. Tim C and a few of the other Farmtrac dealers should be able to help you with any questions about Farmtrac models and what they cross with.

I would not hesitate to own a Farmtrac or the other two models you are looking at. I would look at the dealer and see who you feel the most comfortable with and factor that in to your decision.

The availability of parts does concern me. But, there appears to be quite a few Farmtrac tractors around. So, hopefully, some company may feel that it's worth while for them to keep making parts. The Farmtrac dealer that I know has worked on my Yanmar tractor for a number of years - good man; does great work, reasonable repair charges, and I trust him. But, I'm leaning more toward the Kubota or New Holland overall at this point The only tractor that I've owned has been the Yanmar. It's been very reliable, but I need something bigger with more horse power. If you had to choose between the two, do you have preference?

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #6  
Isn't the M series the higher end Kubota while the MX is the more basic model? If so then I would take the Kubota as the TT is the more basic New Holland. The higher end is the TN which gives you better tranny choices and other nice options.

But before I had a falling out with my local New Holland dealer I had planned to replace my Ford 640 with a TT75.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #7  
Not trying to create confusion, but I think the TN75 is the more comparable model to the M7040. The TT75A has the standard 8X2 transmission which is not very loader friendly, the Bota has a standard shuttle tranny. I also think between the two models you mentioned the Bota has a better fit and finish.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #8  
farmguy said:
Not trying to create confusion, but I think the TN75 is the more comparable model to the M7040. The TT75A has the standard 8X2 transmission which is not very loader friendly, the Bota has a standard shuttle tranny. I also think between the two models you mentioned the Bota has a better fit and finish.

I agree. I may have been wrong ,but when I was shopping I was comparing the M7040, TN75 and the J.D. 5425.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #9  
Yep, a Kubota M7040 is more of their deluxe model, though they really only have the deluxe series above the MX5000 level. A TN75 would be a much closer comparison, and a JD 5325 would be in the same class but fancier and pricier. Despite the implications of Kubota ad text, the JD and NH deluxe has more options than Kubota, though you definitely are paying for them.

When I was shopping I had Kubota dealers tell me that parts could take longer to get than they should. They could definitely get them, but it wasn't an instant process. For long-term parts availability I would be thinking JD #1, NH #2, and Kubota in the top 5 (MF and IH might, or might not, be ahead of them).

Other than parts availability 25 years from now, the M-series are very nice tractors and a good value in terms of features to price.

The TT75A does indeed appear to me to be a model level lower than the M7040 (less fancy, smaller deck, more open space showing through the deck to the ground...). The dealer didn't show me the TN75. I probably need to look at it prior to making a decision. Price is a factor for me. So, it seems, at the moment at least, that the M7040 is looking more appealing to me. But, I need to talk with the dealer about a TN75 sale price so that I can make a true comparison.