What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp?

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #1  

Raptor53

I need a tractor for mowing approximately 7 acres of pasture, maintaining a 1200 foot gravel driveway, snow removal, posthole digging, and a little loader work once in a while. I will be using a 5 ft rotary cutter for mowing and I heard that you usually need 5 hp per foot, that's why I am looking for a 25 pto hp tractor. I do not want to use a finish mower.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #2  
L3400, larger "B" series

JD 790

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #3  
McCormick CT28 ..........

J.M.H.

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #6  
You looking for new with warranty, new-ish.. or used/old?

If in the used / old area.. 2500-3500$ probably get you a ford hundred series that would mow with a 5-6' mower, and pull a 5' to 6' box blade. Some have power steering.. all o fthat series had live hyds.. as long as you get a *4-5-6* model..

If inthe new-ish range.. check out trades at local dealers.. you can usually get a good 1-3 yr old tractor that has been traded in. Expect 6500$ - 10000$ range..

if ya need new.. I suggest hitting all the local dealers and looking and test driving them... prices will likely be 10000$ and up.. though.. if you grab a plain mahindra.. I know you can get 35hp gear models righ now in the 9995$ range... not sure about any smaller ones.

Also.. chinese models .. like jinma.. you can probably grab a new 25hp model with loader in the 6000$ range..

soundguy

Raptor53 said:
I need a tractor for mowing approximately 7 acres of pasture, maintaining a 1200 foot gravel driveway, snow removal, posthole digging, and a little loader work once in a while. I will be using a 5 ft rotary cutter for mowing and I heard that you usually need 5 hp per foot, that's why I am looking for a 25 pto hp tractor. I do not want to use a finish mower.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #7  
Deere 790 new or used, 870 or 970 both older machines, 3120 or 3320 if you need HST.
Kubota B7800 or others

There's a start

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #8  
If you do a lot of snowblowing in nasty weather, or you are allergic to grass, a tractor with an enclosed cab would be nice, what ever brand.

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #9  
There is a plethora of tractors to choose from that would suit your needs.:D

Don't be in a rush unless you come across a deal that can't be beat!:D

Start haunting the local equipment dealers for what they have in stock and what may be coming in. Sit in seats and find out what you like and what works for you.:D

The shopping part is fun.:D :D :D

/ What is a good tractor with approximately 25 pto hp? #10  
Raptor53 said:

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Raptor53:

Welcome to TBN :D! That 5HP/1' "Rule" refers to the PTO HP needed to "smash" 3" diameter trees which would require a HD rotary cutter. I run a 60" MD rotary cutter with my 23.8 PTO HP NH TC29DA wth no difficulty when cutting my fields. My avatar shows me coming up from cutting my 7+A field. I do let the "grass" grow a little high :rolleyes: Jay