Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #1  

Raptor53

I have been researching tractors, and it seems that the Mahindra 3215 is a lot more tractor than the Kubota L2800, and the price difference between the two is not that much.

Anyone seen both of them in person?

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #2  
When I was looking at tractors in Dec '06 I was actually comparing the L3400 and the 3215. I liked both. They were priced about the same, within $500.The Kubota without a doubt was better known and very reputable in my area. However, I felt the Mahindra engine seemed a little smoother. The HST also sounded a little quieter when operating The FEL on the Mahindra seemed a little more heavy duty and the tractor felt very stable when using the FEL. The tractor seemed to turn a little tighter. I liked the positioning of the FEL controller on the 3215. The platform was a little roomier on the Mahindra and had a rubber mat. The lift specs on both were similar. The Mahindra engine block was a little smaller with a turbo which made it more fuel efficient. I ended up getting the 3215 and have been very happy with it. You need to drive both and see for yourself but that's a quick summary of my thoughts. Good luck!

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800
MrChris said:
When I was looking at tractors in Dec '06 I was actually comparing the L3400 and the 3215. I liked both. They were priced about the same, within $500.The Kubota without a doubt was better known and very reputable in my area. However, I felt the Mahindra engine seemed a little smoother. The HST also sounded a little quieter when operating The FEL on the Mahindra seemed a little more heavy duty and the tractor felt very stable when using the FEL. The tractor seemed to turn a little tighter. I liked the positioning of the FEL controller on the 3215. The platform was a little roomier on the Mahindra and had a rubber mat. The lift specs on both were similar. The Mahindra engine block was a little smaller with a turbo which made it more fuel efficient. I ended up getting the 3215 and have been very happy with it. You need to drive both and see for yourself but that's a quick summary of my thoughts. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. But from what I have read, it seems that the specs on the 3215 are higher than the L3400. It seems that the 3215 specs similar to the Deere 3320, but at a much better price.

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #4  
I went with a buddy to the new Mahindra dealer a few weeks back, looking for a deal for him. Checked out the 3215, nice machine. It does spec out a 2-3 hundred lbs. more than the 2800/3400 even though the frame, especially the front axle, appear smaller.

swampvol said:
I went with a buddy to the new Mahindra dealer a few weeks back, looking for a deal for him. Checked out the 3215, nice machine. It does spec out a 2-3 hundred lbs. more than the 2800/3400 even though the frame, especially the front axle, appear smaller.

Hmmm.....from comparing pictures on the internet, it looks to me that the 3215 is bigger and more substantial than the L2800/L3400 and comparing dimensions & other specs on the internet confirms that. And the 3215's FEL looks more beefy too. I guess someone would have to really look at them side by side to get an accurate comparison. But the 3215 definitely specs higher.

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #6  
Hard to dispute pictures/information obtained off the internet.

How about check them both out in person, then report back. Just for giggles.

swampvol said:
Hard to dispute pictures/information obtained off the internet.

How about check them both out in person, then report back. Just for giggles.

I am going to check the Mahindras out. I already saw the Kubota L2800/L3400 in person. And yes, it is hard to dispute factual specifications.

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #8  
I notice, side by side, one is definitely a different shade of red.

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #9  
Both are nice machines. The 3215 has more power and capacity and a mid pto option. Both machines will not get all of their power to the ground, so pulling wise they should be similar. 3215 has more PTO hp. 2800 is a little more heavy/robust, especially in the front axle. 3215 has plastic hood and plastic fender flares, 2800 is all metal. I would say the Kubota probably has better backhoe specs and intergration. Both are similar machines, but the 3400/3215 may be a better comparison power wise. Although I think the new 2800's are 30hp now. Happy shopping.

/ Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800 #10  
Raptor53 said:
And yes, it is hard to dispute factual specifications.

You're right, as long as you know how to interpret them.
Make sure you compare the capacities at the same lift point. Measurements are not always at the same points either.

I already conceded that the 3215 specs a little higher, I am just saying that seeing the two in PERSON gives me a better idea of which "is bigger and more substantial" than a picture off the internet.