Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800

I have been researching tractors, and it seems that the Mahindra 3215 is a lot more tractor than the kubota L2800, and the price difference between the two is not that much.

Anyone seen both of them in person?

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

Default Re: Mahindra 3215 vs Kubota L2800

When I was looking at tractors in Dec '06 I was actually comparing the L3400 and the 3215. I liked both. They were priced about the same, within $500.The kubota without a doubt was better known and very reputable in my area. However, I felt the Mahindra engine seemed a little smoother. The HST also sounded a little quieter when operating The FEL on the Mahindra seemed a little more heavy duty and the tractor felt very stable when using the FEL. The tractor seemed to turn a little tighter. I liked the positioning of the FEL controller on the 3215. The platform was a little roomier on the Mahindra and had a rubber mat. The lift specs on both were similar. The Mahindra engine block was a little smaller with a turbo which made it more fuel efficient. I ended up getting the 3215 and have been very happy with it. You need to drive both and see for yourself but that's a quick summary of my thoughts. Good luck!

'06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris
    When I was looking at tractors in Dec '06 I was actually comparing the L3400 and the 3215. I liked both. They were priced about the same, within $500.The kubota without a doubt was better known and very reputable in my area. However, I felt the Mahindra engine seemed a little smoother. The HST also sounded a little quieter when operating The FEL on the Mahindra seemed a little more heavy duty and the tractor felt very stable when using the FEL. The tractor seemed to turn a little tighter. I liked the positioning of the FEL controller on the 3215. The platform was a little roomier on the Mahindra and had a rubber mat. The lift specs on both were similar. The Mahindra engine block was a little smaller with a turbo which made it more fuel efficient. I ended up getting the 3215 and have been very happy with it. You need to drive both and see for yourself but that's a quick summary of my thoughts. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. But from what I have read, it seems that the specs on the 3215 are higher than the L3400. It seems that the 3215 specs similar to the Deere 3320, but at a much better price.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400HST TLB

I went with a buddy to the new Mahindra dealer a few weeks back, looking for a deal for him. Checked out the 3215, nice machine. It does spec out a 2-3 hundred lbs. more than the 2800/3400 even though the frame, especially the front axle, appear smaller.
    "I drink beer to make other people interesting"

Quote Originally Posted by swampvol
    I went with a buddy to the new Mahindra dealer a few weeks back, looking for a deal for him. Checked out the 3215, nice machine. It does spec out a 2-3 hundred lbs. more than the 2800/3400 even though the frame, especially the front axle, appear smaller.
    Hmmm.....from comparing pictures on the internet, it looks to me that the 3215 is bigger and more substantial than the L2800/L3400 and comparing dimensions & other specs on the internet confirms that. And the 3215's FEL looks more beefy too. I guess someone would have to really look at them side by side to get an accurate comparison. But the 3215 definitely specs higher.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400HST TLB

Hard to dispute pictures/information obtained off the internet.

How about check them both out in person, then report back. Just for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by swampvol
    Hard to dispute pictures/information obtained off the internet.

How about check them both out in person, then report back. Just for giggles.
    I am going to check the Mahindras out. I already saw the kubota L2800/L3400 in person. And yes, it is hard to dispute factual specifications.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

I notice, side by side, one is definitely a different shade of red.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST

Both are nice machines. The 3215 has more power and capacity and a mid pto option. Both machines will not get all of their power to the ground, so pulling wise they should be similar. 3215 has more PTO hp. 2800 is a little more heavy/robust, especially in the front axle. 3215 has plastic hood and plastic fender flares, 2800 is all metal. I would say the kubota probably has better backhoe specs and intergration. Both are similar machines, but the 3400/3215 may be a better comparison power wise. Although I think the new 2800's are 30hp now. Happy shopping.
    I'll keep my FREEDOM, my GUNS, my MONEY, my RELIGION, and you can keep the "CHANGE".- Hank Jr.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400HST TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor53
    And yes, it is hard to dispute factual specifications.
    You're right, as long as you know how to interpret them.
    Make sure you compare the capacities at the same lift point. Measurements are not always at the same points either.

I already conceded that the 3215 specs a little higher, I am just saying that seeing the two in PERSON gives me a better idea of which "is bigger and more substantial" than a picture off the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast