backhoes

/ backhoes #1  

blars

need your help, looking to purchase a b7500 with backhoe, have the option of a bushhog 662h or a kubota 4672, which backhoe do you feel is the best qualtity,performance value. price dif. is 800.00 with kubota being more expensive. total price is 17500 for b7500,r 4 tires,302 fel,hst trans,folding rops.and a bush hog hoe. thanks in advance, blars.

/ backhoes #2  
There been many post thru out the years about keeping the same name brand of attachment as of the tractor name..better built,better resale,better service etc...

Woods,Land Pride,Bush Hog etc.. are all top name and just about any dealer can make repairs,and if I could say $800.oo I would,than I could look foreward to another attachment later on.

Like the old say goes..chrome won't get you home" /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ backhoes #3  
blars,

Are both hoes mounted on the three point hitch or do they have subframes?
Al

/ backhoes #4  
First like Twinkle Toes mentioned make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Personal opinion is go with the subframe mount. I don't think I'd even consider a three point mount. As far as brand goes I like to keep the same brand name on important things like a loader and backhoe. My reason is that with the other brands they make the one to fit all different tractors. Well all different tractors aren't the same. So you have adapter kits and such to make it fit. With the same mfg. for both you know that they only made that backhoe to fit that model. No adapting needed in most cases. And if you have problems you've got a one stop shop. I know some guys that have bought aftermarket loaders, backhoes, and such and the two mfg. go round and round blaming the other one for problems. With the same mfg. you don't have that problem.

/ backhoes
both bachhoes are three point mounted.

/ backhoes #6  
blars,
The potential for tractor damage with a three point mounted hoe is not insignificant. If this should occur I would rather be dealing where the designer of the hoe and the tractor were one in the same. I would take a long hard look at a subframe mounted hoe. The subframe will complicate the heck out of any midmount mower plans you might have. Do a search on three point hoe. Hayden has made a lot of good posts on the virtues of the three point hoe. Rigged and used properly I think the three point hoe is fine. "properly" is the hard part.
Al

/ backhoes #7  
Glad to see my crusade is having an effect.

That said - The Woods 6500 BH should work on your B7500, and it's available with a subframe. However, if you use a MMM, the fame is not compatible and is not a good choice.