gloom and doom about the economey be darned!

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #11  
Congrats on your success.

I firmly believe we would all be better off if the economists and politicians just kept there mouths shut.

Andy

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #12  
AndyMA said:
Congrats on your success.

I firmly believe we would all be better off if the economists and politicians just kept there mouths shut.

Andy

The media as well.

No problems with them reporting it, but over & over & over & over & over.....

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #13  
Before anyone starts crowing about GDP numbers, you need to realize just what comprises GDP. GDP=Consumption+Business Investment+Government Spending+Exports-Imports. That's the raw GDP score. Then you subtract core CPI to get the net. The thing that you have to realize are the changes that took place in the '90's when Boskin (Treasury) and Greenspan (Fed) changed the methodology by which CPI is calculated. Prior to 1994 it was a fixed basket of consumer goods the prices of which were added together and then averaged ARITHMETICALLY. They were then compared m/m and y/y to get the CPI increase or decrease. After 1994, the methodology was changed to allow substitution and hedonic weighting, and then GEOMETRICALLY averaging the resultant basket. This results in a much smaller number for the CPI. That smaller number is then subtracted from the raw GDP and makes GDP look larger than it really is. Bottom line, the books are being cooked. Don't even get me started on the unemployment Birth/Death modeling that understates actual unemployment. If you're at all interested in accurate figures on the economy, calculated before the Clinton Treasury and the Greenspan Fed started cooking them, go to www.shadowstats.com. The site is run by John Williams, an economist who calculates things the old way, and it is a better reflection of what we are actually experiencing than the tripe you get from the BLS and BES.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #14  
Messick,
I am happy for your sales #'s . You folks have a good rep, and I like to see good people succeed. I just would like to add that you might want to really enjoy this while it lasts, and plan finances accordingly, because I have a feeling that things are going to get real slow for retailers on anything that us regular joes buy, that aren't absolute must haves, like food, water, fuel, etc. It is unavoidable, with all the greed from the stock market trading of oil ( which we all know, affects EVERYTHING ), that things will get bad, eventually. Keep up the good work, and again, congrats on having a great month.
Daryle.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #15  
Tractor sales are up? Not too suprising since this is a buyers market. Manufacturers are getting more aggressive on their pricing. Plus the tax stimulus incentives to buy equipment, great financing rates, etc. The hardest problem now is for people to get approved for financing.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #16  
I went to my Case/Kubota dealer in Ashland, Ohio Saturday morning and found the lot filled with customer cars, no Case CUTs on the lot, the Kubota inventory down, just a couple of big Ag machines there, and customers lined up getting parts and things for the coming season. All the sales guys on duty had people at their desks, too. They said things were moving very well, thank you very much.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #17  
mike5.56 said:
The thing that you have to realize are the changes that took place in the '90's when Boskin (Treasury) and Greenspan (Fed) changed the methodology by which CPI is calculated. Prior to 1994 it was a fixed basket of consumer goods the prices of which were added together and then averaged ARITHMETICALLY. They were then compared m/m and y/y to get the CPI increase or decrease. After 1994, the methodology was changed to allow substitution and hedonic weighting, and then GEOMETRICALLY averaging the resultant basket. This results in a much smaller number for the CPI. That smaller number is then subtracted from the raw GDP and makes GDP look larger than it really is. Bottom line, the books are being cooked. Don't even get me started on the unemployment Birth/Death modeling that understates actual unemployment. If you're at all interested in accurate figures on the economy, calculated before the Clinton Treasury and the Greenspan Fed started cooking them, go to Shadow Government Statistics » Home 2.

Ditto.... I have come across this too and it is very convincing. I can't say too much more without going into forbidden territory, but I would encourage anyone interested to read up on this topic and mention it to all their friends.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #18  
Good times and bad, a newspaper can always find someone who is doing well, and someone who is doing poorly.

I have noticed that among the people I know.

Essentially, everyone I know who is responsible continues to do well, the ones who are irresponsible continue to do poorly. The only exception I know is a friend who is responsible, but some of his kids are not, and they drag him down economically. Tough decision on his part.

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #19  
Congratulations on the good sales numbers. Very glad to hear of the success. The Kubota dealer close to me is always so darn busy I hate to go there for anything because it will be a half hour wait.

As far as the nubers on the economy overall goes I do not believe a darn thing the government says about it. EVERYTHING they report is reported for one reason...get them reelected. Sorry to sound negitive...I need some more seat time. ;)

/ gloom and doom about the economey be darned! #20  
Good times are when everyone is working...
A recession is when your neighbor is out of work...
And a depression is when YOU are out of work...:rolleyes: