JD vs Kub Final Decision?

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #1  

estamas142

Well, i went to a dealer in western MA who sells bothe JD and Kubota so I was able to drive Kub 3010 and JD 4310 side by side. I really like the small compact size of the JD and the new features of the JD a lot, however, the Kub is about 3,000 less with loader as Kub has a $ 1400 rebate on now. I thought the Kubota was quieter and I supose the bigger tires are an advantage perhaps with traction or not getting stuck so easlily? Also, The Kubota has a clutch on the left side which puts everything in neutral in case of problem which may be an advantage. But JD brake in on left side which makes sence also.

If price was the same i might go for JD...but my instinct still says Kubota will be more reliable over the years and the price is right.

Does anyone have any thoughts before I pull the trigger. My mind could still be changed if I knew the JD's were reliabe...but many posts about loos wheel nits and other problems has made me JD shy.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #2  
after you saying u liked the kub, and it is $3000.00 less than jd everything, being equal, i don't see what the delima is? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifif the 3010 has bigger tires it will improve your traction and spead out the weight more for less tearing up of your ground. also $3000 will buy some extra implements if u need them.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #3  
I did the same thing you did in that I read the posts here for about six months before I made a choice. I went for the tractor I thought was going to be trouble free based on everything I read here.

So far after about two years, I haven't had a problem.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #4  
I made the exact same comparison and went Kubota. I simply did not think the price difference made any sense.
Both tractors are #1 and #2 in their class. #3 is very far behind.
You will never get in trouble buying JD but Kubota will offer a better deal.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #5  
Looks like youhave done your home work,and if I were you I would go w/my gut feeling.

Good luck.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #6  
Go with the one that feels the most comfortable to run. No matter what you pay for it,if it is a pain to drive.......you've lost!!

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #7  
<font color=blue>…My mind could still be changed if I knew the JD's were reliabe...</font color=blue>
I feel the reliability issue would be a wash across the Big 5 or 6… you can always have isolated incidents no matter which color you end up finally choosing…

<font color=blue>…If price was the same i might go for JD...but my instinct still says Kubota will be more reliable over the years and the price is right…</font color=blue>
On the average, across the US… Kubota has almost always been priced lower on their compact tractors, Price is one of their main reasons for having a majority of the compact market; not necessarily anything to do with a reliability issue…

<font color=blue>…I really like the small compact size of the JD and the new features of the JD a lot, however, the Kub is about 3,000 less with loader as Kub has a $ 1400 rebate on now…</font color=blue>
That frame size for the 4300/4400 seems to have a lot going for it with it’s chosen engine displacement… kinda like dynamite in a small package…/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif But certainly $3000.00 difference in price is not chump change to ignore… Kubota’s marketing is extremely smart… they offer this additional substantial rebate… while at the same time John Deere is releasing their new 4000 ten series… tending to take the “wind out of their sails…”

<font color=blue>…Go with the one that feels the most comfortable to run. No matter what you pay for it,if it is a pain to drive.......you've lost…</font color=blue>
If you can… go back to the dealer’s lot on two different days…1)Day 1- take the John Deere out for 15 minutes in the lot and run it through it’s paces… then do the same with the Kubota … 2)Day 2- this time, take Kubota the out for 15 min. and then the same with John Deere…(or if you can afford to rent each for a day under actual usage..)

Good luck - Whichever one you choose… they are both winners… maybe seat time will determine the ultimate one for you…/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #8  
I would use the difference in price as a negotiating tool for the JD. Tell them you'd like to buy their product but there's too much of a price difference. Also look at different dealers. Here in Iowa the kubota's I've looked at are priced higher than the deere's on comparable models.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #9  
Sounds like you've made a good comparison and you've weighed all the factors that are important to you. Maybe the final decision will be based on which machine you feel most comfortable operating for extended periods of time. If you're going to use it a lot, you want to feel comfortable on it.

But with a $3,000 difference, it would be hard not to go Kubota.

/ JD vs Kub Final Decision? #10  
As others have recommended, go with the one that feels right. And to know for sure which one that is, spend as much time as your dealer will allow you. Try to imagine that they are both FREE and ask yourself which one do you really want to spend the next 25 years on.

I agree that $3000 is not chump change at my house and it will buy a lot of extra stuff that you will probably want but at the same time it's not enough to make up for a tractor that you flat don't like either.

As far as reliability and resale either of them should be tops. Even the dealer is not in question since the same one has both brands.

I drove both and did similar comparisons and bought a Kubota because the models I looked at were both very suitable for me. The Kubota was a little quieter and smoother where the John Deere felt a little more "solid" and powerful. The Kubota was cheaper and their dealer was a big plus.

When I listed the pros and cons of each the scales always tipped to the Kubota side for me. It may be just the opposite for you. Good luck in your decision. Whichever one you pick will be a winner.

TBone