Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #1  

ByTheLake

After looking all winter and spring for used tractor. I am unable to find something with low hours or in decent condition. So it looks like it will be time for a new CUT.

I have been unable to find any info on the new Bobcat tractors. Anybody have one or checked them out yet?

Bobcat has what appears to be real competition for the 2305. The CT120 has base retail price of about $9K. The FEL only $2.5K.
Always wanted a green tractor, but... saving some money does matter. The question after reliability comparison is how much better resale will green have over white? The dealer has several in stock and wants to get some units sold.
Starting out with FEL, and MMM.

Attachments

• Bobcat CUT.jpeg
    Bobcat CUT.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2,550
  • Bobcat CT120.jpeg
    Bobcat CT120.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,172
   / Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #2  
Go with the Deere.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #3  
ByTheLake said:
After looking all winter and spring for used tractor. I am unable to find something with low hours or in decent condition. So it looks like it will be time for a new CUT.

I have been unable to find any info on the new Bobcat tractors. Anybody have one or checked them out yet?

Bobcat has what appears to be real competition for the 2305. The CT120 has base retail price of about $9K. The FEL only $2.5K.
Always wanted a green tractor, but... saving some money does matter. The question after reliability comparison is how much better resale will green have over white? The dealer has several in stock and wants to get some units sold.
Starting out with FEL, and MMM.

For the most part the CT120 Bobcat is a Kioti CK20. If you are looking for information you can get a very good feel for this tractor by visiting the Kioti web site. I understand the loader is made by a different company than the one Kioti uses so you will have to do a little research on this. I would think that the resale would be higher on the Deere but that is only important if you plan on trading it relatively soon. After a while they will deprecate to a point where the difference is almost too small to count. Both are very good tractors and would do well.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #4  
GreenMtns said:
For the most part the CT120 Bobcat is a Kioti CK20. If you are looking for information you can get a very good feel for this tractor by visiting the Kioti web site. I understand the loader is made by a different company than the one Kioti uses so you will have to do a little research on this. I would think that the resale would be higher on the Deere but that is only important if you plan on trading it relatively soon. After a while they will deprecate to a point where the difference is almost too small to count. Both are very good tractors and would do well.

I think the Bobcat loader is made by bushhog brand.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #5  
I own Deere and Kioti. So, I have no bias. The Bobcat is way more tractor than the 2305. Quality is about equal. But, compare the specs. Then drive them.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #6  
Hi,

No comparison here since I have been on both. Get the Bobcat Ct122 is is more machine than the deere. Bobcat of NH has tons to try out and they totally let you get them dirty. Both are great units but the kioti/Bobcat is a lot heavier and that Rhino-made loader works well. Thet are a little more deluxe than their Kioti siblings. I was VERY impressed comparing them to the 2520 I spend to hours on the day before.

Brian

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #7  
I think the 2305 is closer to the ct122. The 2305 is 24 hp and the CT122 is only 22 hp.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #8  
The Bobcat loader is Rhino, not Bush Hog. Rhino used to make all of New Holland's loaders.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #9  
dgl24087 said:
The Bobcat loader is Rhino, not Bush Hog. Rhino used to make all of New Holland's loaders.

I stand corrected. Nonetheless, both brands make very good products.

/ Bobcat CT120 vs Deere 2305 #10  
shot_gun said:
I think the 2305 is closer to the ct122. The 2305 is 24 hp and the CT122 is only 22 hp.

You can buy a craftsman with 24 hp too. Look at the other specs and go look at the tractors. Research the pros and cons of both. Don't be blinded by color alone.