Another first time waffler

• Thread starter Deleted member 55273
  • Start date
   / Another first time waffler
Thanks all for the great advice. I love this forum. So far the Mahindra dealer has been the most accommodating with a good sense of humor via e-mails.

He priced me a Mahindra 4530 with loader at $22595.00 and a Woods model BH90-X backhoe with a 16 inch bucket at an additional $8699.00. I'd love to have this set up, but it's way over my budget. I'm either going to have to find something used or go smaller. My wife thinks the 9N's work just fine and I should buy her a new car instead...for some reason she doesn't want to have to drive to work on a tractor....Women!?

/ Another first time waffler #12  
So was that the Mahindra dealer in Spokane? I'm leaning that way and I was wondering what your opinion of him was.

Also does anyone know if Washington State checks if we buy a tractor in Oregon or ID which do not have sales tax?

/ Another first time waffler #13  
HP is nearly meaningless for backhoe work, unless you are using a pto-driven backhoe. Otherwise, it's more about weight and hydraulic pump capacity. That is why the Kioti's are so attractive. My CK25 TLB with loaded tires weighs in at about 5500 lbs. Also, the Bransons are very effective for ground engagement work. I think they are about the heaviest of all. You are not going to just pop out big stumps with a loader anyway, unless you are talking about a much bigger class of machine. And a loader is not really meant for that.

You could go with a bigger, basic tractor. But, you may have to give up 4WD to stay close to the same money. This will allow for the use of a bigger backhoe.

Slightly used can save you considerable money too.

Hiring out the stump removal should also be considered, and might actually save you in the long run.

/ Another first time waffler
Yes, that would be the Mahindra dealer in Spokane Valley. They've also been running the Exchange ad for the 2615 HST with FEL and backhoe for 21K. Kioti over in Post Falls, ID is running a special on the CK25 with loader for 13K not sure if it's the HST or not, with backhoe it would be about the same price. For me, at this point, I think it's between those two tractors. Kioti also offers free delivery to the Spokane area.

As for the tax issue - not sure? I know it's different than purchasing a car or truck, but there will still be some sort of cyber trail as mentioned in an earlier post, which may wind up costing more than the original 2K saved by not paying sales tax.

/ Another first time waffler #15  
George in Spokane said:
So was that the Mahindra dealer in Spokane? I'm leaning that way and I was wondering what your opinion of him was.

Also does anyone know if Washington State checks if we buy a tractor in Oregon or ID which do not have sales tax?

My oldest son was living in Oregon near Bend several years ago, and was looking to buy a new Kubota then. Our drive from California on the I-5 corridor took us past several dealers; and several dealers in Oregon. We stopped at each on the way North. We determined we could purchase one in Calif. and haul it North, including paying the sales tax for less than a Oregon purchase. The two Oregon dealers sold for list price only! I would call them and get some prices over the phone before making the trek to any dealership looking for a good deal?

Maybe other tractor dealers market their tractors with discounts? Or get several Washington quotes first?

/ Another first time waffler #16  
Just sold a CK35 with a free loader yesterday!

Drive 'em all, get a good deal, but remember, in the long run it's YOUR DEALER who's going to get the call when you need help.