Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, '55 Farmall Cub, '57 Ford 640

Default Small 2 wd tractors?

My cousin use to have a very small 2 wd kubota. The thing was no bigger than many garden tractors but built like a compact. I'm pretty sure it was a grey market. This was before the BX was around and it was much smaller than that anyway.Any one know where you could find something like that. Wouldn't have to be a Kubota if you know of something else. I would like to use it to mow a yard an small pasture.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B2910 & BX23 (previously B2150 & B7100D)

Default Re: Small 2 wd tractors?

g42guy,

Like I mentioned in my reply to your other post, there is not much demand for small 2wd compact tractors; when they can be found, they aren't usually very expensive. You don't even have to go with a "grey" tractor to get a good deal.

To get an idea about prices of used tractors around the country,

(1) go to http://www.traderonline.com/ and select the "Equipment Trader" link
    (3) do a search for "kubota" and limit the price to $7000 or less ($3000?); this should bring up any small 2wd tractors

I don't understand your desire for a 2wd compact, but you sound like you know what you want (I fear that it wouldn't be too long after your purchase that you'd be wanting to upgrade to a 4wd but would be stuck with an undesirable tractor that's hard to get rid of...).

Good luck in your search,
    Kelvin

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B7500HSD

The B5100 and B6100 were available with 2WD, not sure about the B7100. The B5100E seems to fit your description.

g42guy,
    If you're interested in a small 2wd grey market, they come as small as 13 PTO HP or maybe even smaller. I personally have no need for 4wd (flat land, gravel drive, etc. etc.) so I understand someone looking for 2wd. With the money I saved by buying the 2wd, I bought some nice toys to go with it. To each his own.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

If all you're going to do is mow with a little tractor, 2wd is probably fine. If you're going to pull ground engaging implements (plows, blades, etc.) 4wd is highly desirable, and if you want to add a loader it's almost a necessity. 4wd is an additional cost, but when and if you sell you'll get your money back.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto

g42guy i would like to add to hosejockey2002 position,

everybody has their preference, and everybody seems to like to start small. just one thing i would like to tell you is my experience with small and inexpensive tractors. we had a small kubota tractor (garden or lawn size) and started to do our own pastures ... my back hurt, tires were always flat, just one big mess.
    so in the pursuit of another bargen several years later i made a smart decision, so i thought and bought a ford 8n and mowed the pastures and rebuild three transmissions in less than 18 month.
    so my next move went from the three times rebuilt ford 8n to a kubota l 2025. i was amazed of how much this little 3 piston engine and a 4x4 capability could produce. my accountant /wife was not very happy about the purchase but 10 years and 1800 hrs later, this thing just needs to have it's vitals checked and fluids changed.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

Its too late guys he heard the siren call of a kubota BX 1800.

Chris

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, '55 Farmall Cub, '57 Ford 640

Thanks anyway guys!