Paid off now what?

/ Paid off now what? #1  

afish

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39
Get something bigger thats what. I need to sell my b7800 that I just paid off but I'm not sure of the selling process for a tractor can someone explain the steps involved. Is Kubota going to send me a title of some sort and I just sign it over or what? Sorry if this is a silly question but this was my first tractor. i'm in Michigan if that matters

/ Paid off now what? #2  
At least in Michigan, tractors don't have titles. You just sell it like any other possession or trade it in.

/ Paid off now what? #3  
afish said:
Get something bigger thats what. I need to sell my b7800 that I just paid off but I'm not sure of the selling process for a tractor can someone explain the steps involved. Is Kubota going to send me a title of some sort and I just sign it over or what? Sorry if this is a silly question but this was my first tractor. i'm in Michigan if that matters

In March I traded my 2005 Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL for a new Mahindra 5525. The final payment on the Bota was due in May, so I just paid the balance in March so there was no balance due to complicate financing for the 5525. About a month later I received a letter from Kubota Credit stating that my loan was paid in full. I dropped off a copy of this letter at the Mahindra dealer's so his file on the Kubota would be complete. There's no title for tractors like there is for autos and trucks.

/ Paid off now what? #4  
afish said:
I live in Michigan and sold my 1998 massey ferg. 1240 to a friend and bought a new 2008 Kioti DK40se from a dealer.No titles involved.coobie

/ Paid off now what? #5  
From a manufacturer's certificate of origin, you can get a title IF the tractor is large enough to be roaded and you want a Special Mobile Equipment tag.

Most under 50 hp tractors will never have a title. You can get a certificate of origin from the manufacturer, but they're not necessary. I just pitched a file 3" thick of certs of origin from 20, 30, and 40 year old tractors. They're just not needed.

/ Paid off now what? #6  
Paid off now what? Man, for me the 'now what' is enjoying not being in debt during an unstable economy. I get that nagging thought almost weekly that a M5040 would be a great upgrade to my paid off L4400. But you know what, I need a bigger tractor and debt with interest like I need two holes in the head.

/ Paid off now what? #7  
"Paid off" Now thats two words that will give ya a warm fuzzy feeling. I say as long as the tractor is doing what you need, just enjoy and put the extra money away.

/ Paid off now what? #8  
Or, if you're not as, uhm, frugal as me (my friend's prefer 'tight wad') then use that extra money to buy more implements!

/ Paid off now what? #9  
I don't like to preach, but there is something to be said for living with your "old" truck or tractor and fully funding your retirement account every year. Monthly payments are how the Man keeps his boot on your throat.........

/ Paid off now what? #10  
One thing to be said about tractors. They hardly ever wear out. As long as it does the job for you keep it. You can always go for a extra implement or two. As one who is nearing retirement (11years at least:D ) I'm glad I'm down to two re-accuring payments (except for utilities), my land and a small home equity. I could easily pay those off but I'm keep a little outstanding debt for credit reasons. And what's been said before there's nothing like knowing that what you earn each month goes in your pocket and not in somebody else's pocket. With price of diesel being $4.25/gal (last time I got some) and gas getting there daily I'm trying to keep as much in my pocket as I can.