Someone help me decide

/ Someone help me decide #1  

gerryjo

Tractor
Monatana 3940HST
Hi, I spent the month since my last post looking at and testing all brands in the area. I am lucky to have a lot of brands available. I am also lucky in that nearly all the dealers I got to meet treated me well, educated me, and pretty much made my decision even harder 'cause I think they'd be great for a long term working relationship:eek:. I rode a looked over Kioti CK30, Mahindra 3215, Kubota B7800 and L3400, NH T1520, Cub Yanmar Ex3200, Deere 790 and MF 15xx. There're a lot of nice CUTs out there.

I am going to use the tractor to clear 6 -10 acres of brush and keep it that way, move wood out of our 50 acre woodlot, tend the pond, plant an acre, keep some farm road, and move (often and much). I am OK with a gear but lean toward hydro. Final package will include QA loader w/hooks, cutter, loaded tires, forks, grill guard (if not included), and possibly a rake. [edit] Oh, and they all will have R4s

I intend to put like 3K down and finance the rest.

The Cub is a great tractor with all I need though the loader capacity is a bit light. Too bad the available financing just doesn't work.

MF a little too much $. B7800 seems too small. 790 asking too much.

I have narrowed down to:
Kubota L3400HST $18,100 ($19750 w/ cutter and forks)
NH 1520HST $18,100 ($20,150 w/ cutter and forks)
Mahindra 3215HST $16,375 ($18,275 w/cutter and forks)
Could still check Kioti.

I know this could just open a whole can of worms with this crowd but I also know there's a lot of good thinking here.

:confused:What would you choose?:confused:

/ Someone help me decide #2  
gerryjo said:
790 asking too much.
Beings that I'm totally biased I'm curious as to what you found to be "too much" giving what you posted on the prices of the other machines ?

/ Someone help me decide
Willl said:
Beings that I'm totally biased I'm curious as to what you found to be "too much" giving what you posted on the prices of the other machines ?
Let's not call it bias -- call it pride of ownership :)

I was quoted $17,800 for a simple gear. And though it's not a Deere 9with all that brings with it) the Cub Yanmar, both the 32hp and 29hp hydros were less. IMHO, 790s upgraded with all the latest bells and whistles Yanmar could put into them. So, although I like working on my friend's 790 and find it a very capable (and fun) machine the financing and features just weren't doing it for me. Unfortunately there was only one Deere (with three shops) in the area.

/ Someone help me decide #4  
I'm totally biased also, love the 790 except for loader work, and wonder how much is too much. I didn't look very hard at anything but deere but I don't remember anything that was comparable and cheaper out there before I bought, at least from the big 3.

/ Someone help me decide #5  
gerryjo said:
Hi, I spent the month since my last post looking at and testing all brands in the area. I am lucky to have a lot of brands available. I am also lucky in that nearly all the dealers I got to meet treated me well, educated me, and pretty much made my decision even harder 'cause I think they'd be great for a long term working relationship:eek:. I rode a looked over Kioti CK30, Mahindra 3215, Kubota B7800 and L3400, NH T1520, Cub Yanmar Ex3200, Deere 790 and MF 15xx. There're a lot of nice CUTs out there.

I am going to use the tractor to clear 6 -10 acres of brush and keep it that way, move wood out of our 50 acre woodlot, tend the pond, plant an acre, keep some farm road, and move (often and much). I am OK with a gear but lean toward hydro. Final package will include QA loader w/hooks, cutter, loaded tires, forks, grill guard (if not included), and possibly a rake. [edit] Oh, and they all will have R4s

I intend to put like 3K down and finance the rest..

The Cub is a great tractor with all I need though the loader capacity is a bit light. Too bad the available financing just doesn't work.

I have narrowed down to:
Could still check Kioti.

I know this could just open a whole can of worms with this crowd but I also know there's a lot of good thinking here.

Just bought a Kioti CK35 (gear) w/loader & tooth bar out-the-door for $2,500 less than your Mahindra price of $16,375. HST would have been more, but not that much more. I think the CK35 free loader deal ends June 30 though.

/ Someone help me decide #6  
I only paid about $1000 more for mine with MFWD, 300 loader, heavy duty bucket, front blade and a 5' box blade. As for the cub, both are Yanmars, but if I'm going to keep a tractor for 20 years I want to be sure I can get parts during that time. Only time will tell if that will happen with the Cub. Just my opinion of course.

Now what I lust over is a 3720 with cab but that is outside my budget for now.

/ Someone help me decide #7  
gerryjo said:
I have narrowed down to:
Could still check Kioti.

I would get the Mahindra 2615HST. The 3215HST barely outweighs it, and doesn't have that much more hp when compared to the dyno. results, (reported to actually be 28 hp, and 24 pto hp). I've been to the Mahindra website, done the comparison between the two models, and have decided it isn't worth the extra money for the 3215. I really don't see what you gain for that much more money, other than slightly higher lift capacity.

/ Someone help me decide
Dave from GA said:
Just bought a Kioti CK35 (gear) w/loader & tooth bar out-the-door for $2,500 less than your Mahindra price of $16,375. HST would have been more, but not that much more. I think the CK35 free loader deal ends June 30 though.

I would probably go for that too Dave but need the financing.

/ Someone help me decide #9  
gerryjo said:

I intend to put like 3K down and finance the rest.

I have narrowed down to:
Could still check Kioti.

My new Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, gear tranny) with the ML250 FEL (6 ft bucket)

DSCF0061Small.jpg

DSCF0062Small-1.jpg

and triple remotes ($750 installed) cost me $17850 plus tax (including the remotes).

DSCF0067Small-1.jpg

I know you're leaning toward HST (I traded a Kubota B7510 HST/LA302 FEL as part of this deal) and a 55 hp tractor is quite a bit larger than the ones on your short list. But it pays to think ahead and consider what you'll need hp-wise a few years down the road. The financing on the 5525 was 0%/48 months. If youi can live with a gear tranny, you'll have a larger selection to consider.

/ Someone help me decide #10  
OK, some think you ought to reconsider the Deere, someone else thinks Kioti is the way to go, another thinks Mahindra is the right one. Personally, I'd take the Kubota (which is the brand I used to own), but come to think of it, I did kinda like my cousin's New Holland.:D

Seriously, the "right" one is the one YOU like best.;)