Do John Deere dealers generally negotiate?

/ Do John Deere dealers generally negotiate? #31  
The reason the local Kubota guy couldn't stay in business is he couldn't come CLOSE to giving the customer service that JD was giving. plus he didn't know how to negotiate, his shop was terrible, and instead of having tractors that horse farmers want to buy, homeowners, etc. he tried to keep a lot full of 90+ hp tractors and butt heads with Deere/Case/NH in the ag market and got a rude awakening.
Customer service and market demand are the two most important things to know BEFORE opening any kind of business. Sounds like he didn't have much of either.

Deere has their act together in these parts. so does Case and NH.
In many parts, it seems that Kubota, CNH, MF or others have their act together and Deere does not. All depends on what kind of operation the dealership owner is running.

Aaron Z

/ Do John Deere dealers generally negotiate? #32  
I really couldn't care less about all the bad JD dealers people seem to ***** about all the time. Seems to me those folks got their panties in a bunch at one time or another, so they feel better somehow by bashing Deere. Around here and most parts of the country a vast majority of the folks that depend on their equipment to make a living do it on top of JD equipment. That equipment is backed by Deere dealers.

/ Do John Deere dealers generally negotiate? #33  
Hello:

I've been to 5 different JD dealers. All have been very nice and helpful. I did not get prices from all of them because at the time I was shopping.

Our local dealer has a huge inventory and is selling units like hot cakes.
A Deere in every yard?
NO kidding there are a HE!! of a lot of folks in the area that are running New Deere's.

The only dealer that I came across that was less then nice was a Kubota.

NOw talk about, "There's only one tractor in the world and they are here. Buy one or get the heck out.

nicholas