Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest?

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #1  

Conn

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 6210
We cultivate and side dress our tobacco crops with old Farmall 140s for the most part. A few luckier individuals have ran across old Farmall Super Cs with two row cultivators and bought them up for a good, low cost way to save some time.

What are some of the "newer" offset tractors available, similar to the old 140s if anyone is familiar with them.

I saw a Kubota at a farm sale last weekend that was a 1982 year. I can't remember the model #.

Seems like IH came out with a 274? in the 1980s?

What's the newest offset tractor that's available? Does anyone manufacture them anymore?

Our old 140 is tempermental, and has a hard time staying running anymore. I'd like to find a diesel, late model offset, but i'm only aware of the IH 274?s and the Kubotas.

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #2  
I haven't seen any new offset tractors, but then again I live in dairy country. Kubota makes a narrow version of their B series for nurseries and such. Would that work for you? The model number has an "N" suffix on it in case you want to try to find information about them. The things are not much wider than a man.

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #4  
Looking at the picture of the rear of the tractor I listed above it does look like it is 'offset' as the PTO is way to the left and the seat is over on the right. But doing a little research it looks like the Farmall 140s are more 'offset' than the Kubota. The Kubota is a 1984. I think the newest 140 on TractorHouse was about '74.

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #5  
I'll have to dig around at home tonight to see if I can find the info on it, but Deere sold an off-set high clearance cultivating tractor through the 80's and early 90's. The HC900 was a Yanmar built tractor.

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #6  
I have seen IH, and Ford also,,,, but the same age range, up to mid 80's.

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest?
After looking at the pics of the L245 on TractorHouse.com, that sure is a clean little 'bota! I'm sure it's got a nasty dirty price attached to it too!

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #9  
IH274 1979-1983

1361621596_a573e439f8.jpg

/ Offset Tractors. What's the latest and the greatest? #10  
Case IH made an offset from 87 to 91, I have a 91 that has 165 hours on it, its a mitsubishi diesel that does a great job.